UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Petronas v Castrol Edge v Millers Nanodrive, dyno results

Old 08-11-2013, 11:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hahahaha!!!

How long did that take you to write Lee??! Love it.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:30 AM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by earl's_f20c
Unless I'm mistaken, Rays' S is one of the very first JDM Imports to the UK

As the earliest S2000 ECU version, it was designed to not only provide inverse reactive current for use in unilateral VTEC phase detractors, but would also be capable of automatically synchronizing cardinal grammeters (ie operating at low revs)

The original JDM VTEC system had a base plate of pre-famulated amulite surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two spurving bearings ran in a direct line with the panametric fan.

Early F20C was also rated at 250PS for JDM cars, thanks to higher compression ratio. This was achieved simply using four hydrocoptic marzul vanes so fitted to the ambaphascient lunar wain shaft that side fumbling was effectively prevented at VTEC.

The original VTEC winding was of the normal lotus-odeltoid type placed in panendurmic semi-bulloid slots of the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a non-reversible tremmy pipe to the differential girdle spring on the up-end of the dingle arms to reduce sinusoidal depleneration.

Looks like this sinsoidal depleneration is occurring at VTEC, effectively increasing longitudinal side fumbling beyond the control of the reciprocating dingle arms; albeit only with Castrol Edge?

So, I guess we're non the wiser...
(But thanks for reading)
The scary thing is that Lee talks like this all the time and he actual believe's what he says is true
Old 08-11-2013, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wierd
Old 08-11-2013, 12:25 PM

As the earliest S2000 ECU version, it was designed to not only provide inverse reactive current for use in unilateral VTEC phase detractors, but would also be capable of automatically synchronizing cardinal grammeters (ie operating at low revs)

The original JDM VTEC system had a base plate of pre-famulated amulite surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two spurving bearings ran in a direct line with the panametric fan.

Early F20C was also rated at 250PS for JDM cars, thanks to higher compression ratio. This was achieved simply using four hydrocoptic marzul vanes so fitted to the ambaphascient lunar wain shaft that side fumbling was effectively prevented at VTEC.

The original VTEC winding was of the normal lotus-odeltoid type placed in panendurmic semi-bulloid slots of the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a non-reversible tremmy pipe to the differential girdle spring on the up-end of the dingle arms to reduce sinusoidal depleneration.

Looks like this sinsoidal depleneration is occurring at VTEC, effectively increasing longitudinal side fumbling beyond the control of the reciprocating dingle arms; albeit only with Castrol Edge?

(But thanks for reading)
So would this sinsoidal depleneration that is occurring at VTEC be changed if the Edge was just 5/40 and not the Diesel version? and would this stop the longitudinal side fumbling beyond the control of the reciprocating dingle arms too?

I only ask as I am using 5/40 Edge in a blue 03 plate car... and would it help if I changed gear with the right hand?

Anyway, top job Ray !
Old 08-12-2013, 12:00 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

(But thanks for reading)
I'm still laughing my tits off having read this yesterday. LOL
Old 08-12-2013, 12:20 AM

I sense a marketer in the room
Old 08-12-2013, 01:22 AM

I find it quite insulting that I've given some technical input. Probably more that I really should in a public forum and you have just took the piss with some absolute bullshit post with words that have no meaning

This is one test and is hardly conclusive.

Stick to the cheque book modding, some people like to understand how a car and engine works from their own understanding.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:30 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Yep hats off to DaytonaRayDave, he's just posted as he's seen and been very unbiased about the results but i''m baffled that there's an expert who has knoweldge on a different level of anyone on here who is being ignored by some, and opinion being taken over that?!

Again, i'm glad it's been posted and it's interesting, but there's a danger of 'i#m never buying Castrol' because the results aren't understood.

Some of the recent 'I really like this oil - it's really good' is total bollocks. You can't base your opinion on an oil based on 'oooh it smells nice' or 'my engine hasn't blown up so it's really good'
Old 08-12-2013, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Si2k
I find it quite insulting that I've given some technical input. Probably more that I really should in a public forum and you have just took the piss with some absolute bullshit post with words that have no meaning

Stick to the cheque book modding, some people like to understand how a car and engine works from their own understanding.
I don't think anyone is taking the p1ss Si.

The Turbo Encabulator sketch is a great one, but I think it reinforces the complexities we are looking at to isolate the differences between the oils.

I know that Ray's car was ran on Edge for 20,000 hard miles with no ill effects.

Whilst the test is not conclusive, it certainly is eye opening. Ray isn't trying to sell anything and has performed a test where the only real variable is the oil. It is absolutely fair to say that, within reason, the only variable was the oil - the car didn't even move off the dyno between changes!

I look forward to the new formulation.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Si2k

Si, if you're referring to my post, it was clearly a spoof meant to lighten the mood; but please accept my sincere apologies if it caused you offence

Quick Reply: Petronas v Castrol Edge v Millers Nanodrive, dyno results