UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

People who don't give a cr*p

Old 06-27-2009, 02:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

disabled people need bigger spaces as they all seem to drive x5s,toerags m5's,slk's...etc.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:53 AM

I think he mother and baby thing has its benefit with an ulterior motive.

They have a little more space to lug there baby wheels about and let the kids run riot and ding other family wagons parked next to them

But on the flip side supermarket put them there as a marketing ploy for mum with kiddies saying come here we make it convenient for you to do so
Old 06-27-2009, 03:42 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

what's all this 'asking for trouble' bollox?

would this be the same sort of thing that gets women raped for daring to invite a bloke back to her place

or people glassed for daring to protest at being pushed in a bar?

asking for trouble is vandalising someone's car

someone who has done absolutely nothing to you
Old 06-27-2009, 04:27 AM
Banned

Received 131 Likes on 119 Posts

It might be bollocks but it doesn't mean its something thats not going to happen to you. I'd rather not take the risk!

Another trick is I like to park on the end of rows where there is also a wide kerb area (so numpties dont take the corner too tight and shunt the corner of the car), parking very very close to the kerb side in the hope that if the person next to me parks somewhat correctly they will have loads of room to get out.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:31 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Pete, none of us agree with it but as you know, it's a sad reality.

Stick your head above the parapet and you will unfortunately come to grief!

This includes things like owning a non shit car...
Old 06-27-2009, 11:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Am I lucky or not? Had the car since Feb 04 and not had a parking ding yet!

Is that just luck or maybe because I have a Blue Badge and park in nice wide parking bays!

It's all to do with age you see!
Old 06-27-2009, 11:35 AM

Parked in the local builders merchants/garden outlet earlier today whislt waiting for my purchases to be ready to load into the car, and I could see this 'old spunker' in his knackered old Rover revving the knackers off it to try to park next to me. (bear in mind I always park out of the way in these situations!)

Anyway, as I saw he was struggling I said to my Brother I best go and move the car as I can see it getting damaged - too late!!
His Mrs opened the door onto my OSF wind denting and damaging the paint!!

He then proceeds to tell me that it'll come out with polish, before hitting the wing with the back of his hand (like that was gonna work!!) and then finally admitting that he will have to pay to get it sorted.

I was SO pissed off as I had been having a bad day already. I'd lent the car to my Mother for the week whilst I was on holiday and she clipped one of my newly refurbed wheels going to refuel it for me (Nice of her to do that I know, but I'd said not to worry about doing it!!)

Arrrrrrrrrgh!! Well aware that these things come in three's I awaited my fate.........

And then it happened (I hope that's it anyway) My NSR has a bolt in it.

Shit day. Pissed off. Nuff said.

Still... nobody died.

(RIP Jacko.)
Old 06-27-2009, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by chris_g,Jun 26 2009, 03:59 AM
I was in Cribbs the other day in Bristol with a mahusive car park. It was the middle of the day and it was deserted - there must have been about 4000 free spaces. I parked on a new row, nearest car was at least 50m away.

When I came back about 30mins later my jaw nearly hit the floor when I found some p.o.s fiesta parked about 2ft from my door.

No dents amazingly but I have NO CLUE why they chose to park so close and then make it so hard for themself to get out of their own car!
They don't want you to bash their doors. Always park next to a better or better still a more polished car than yours!
Old 06-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by MB,Jun 27 2009, 12:31 PM
Pete, none of us agree with it but as you know, it's a sad reality.

Stick your head above the parapet and you will unfortunately come to grief!

This includes things like owning a non shit car...
whenever I leave a nice car anywhere

I hang around in it for at least five minutes

never had a car vandalised or badly damaged as a result

seen a few people hang around then clear off when they know they've been seen

also seems to stop that phenomenon where someone parks next to you in a deserted car park

so I haven't had any grief

Old 06-27-2009, 03:18 PM

I'm in the doghouse with herself at the moment because of moaning about this.
Stopped off earlier at my local Centra store to get a bottle of wine, car park was empty, and parked the car where no other car was parked. Also, parked it where only one other car could park next to me.
Upon return there was an absolute banger of a car, a wine 1998 Renault in a terrible state (holes in the rear bumper, paint gone off the doors, dents everywhere etc) parked next to mine. May I add I've many many dings on my car and I try to go out of my way not to get anymore.
I will never understand why if a carpark is empty, does someone stick ther car right on next to another car, increasing the chance of it getting damaged.
Of cousre I start again, about how some people have no mass on their possessions, otherwise they wouldn't have the car in such a state, so how would they have any mass in mine. Also, if they treat their car like that I suspect their house and any other belongings wouldn't be much better. Maybe!!
She starts not everyone is into their cars and not obsessed about them like you. And...... I'm in the doghouse with loadsa picture and no sound.
Some Saturday night.

John

Quick Reply: People who don't give a cr*p