UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

People who don't give a cr*p

Old 06-27-2009, 11:29 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by AdrianEagle,Jun 27 2009, 07:20 PM
Am I lucky or not? Had the car since Feb 04 and not had a parking ding yet!

Is that just luck or maybe because I have a Blue Badge and park in nice wide parking bays!

It's all to do with age you see!
I can only remember one piece of damage to one of my decent cars - when I parked it close to the entrance of B&Q

otherwise - beaters are parked anywhere convenient and are all covered in dings/dents

nice cars parked very carefully and virtually unmarked - my M5 has over 90K on the clock now and I don't think there are more than two tiny marks on it

car parks are your enemy - parallel parking on the street every time where possible
Old 06-27-2009, 11:35 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

B&Q is a bugger. Lots of people carrying large objects or pushing trolleys around, plus old ****ers

I have car parking pretty much sussed now.

Always go for an end space, and preferably one which isn't a walkway from / to somewhere. You can pick up a lot of scratches from bags etc, especially at a sports club or gym.

Tesco is a slightly different ball game in that you can't park next to a trolley park spot, or at the bottom of an incline. I've come back to find a trolley planted into the back of the S, where I expect some trolley ****er has let go of it!

Mutli storeys - I tend to go right to the top and park out the way. There's a chance you get kids up there being ****s but you just have to weigh it up.

And I just don't park on the street full stop. I have seen hundreds of examples from other drivers to convince me it's a bad idea. People just can't park in general. And drive off when something naughty happens.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gaddafi,Jun 28 2009, 07:29 AM
car parks are your enemy - parallel parking on the street every time where possible
I've had more damage form on street parking than car park parking.
As MB says people can't park.
Or they have not concept of where the extremities of their vehicle are!
Old 06-28-2009, 03:50 AM

In a Waitrose carpark yesterday when I saw lots of empty 'parking for mums with buggy' slots (most of the Mums in that area are in Iceland and Farmfoods! in teh area where they put the Waitrose) I did wonder why they couldn't have 'parking for nice cars' slots instead. Maybe for any cars in a high insurance group!

We live on a long narrow road with a culdesac at the end. It is necessary somedays to park on the path on one side otherwise vans/fireengines ect would be unable to get down end of the road.

Some numpty has taken exception to this (we think it's a Mum with a pushchair who had a go at my husband once, even though there is plenty of space for pushchairs at the other side of the road and we live on a really quiet street traffic wise). Whoever it is has started keying cars (so far 4 done). Luckily we have a driveway for the S but it makes us very paranoid. Our 2nd car was keyed on 2 panels (it's a tatty runaround but we were still annoyed). Our neighbours BMW Z3 needed
Old 06-28-2009, 03:53 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Time for setting up a cheap night vision web cam there.

Nothing is better than someone getting punished for this sort of thing
Old 06-29-2009, 03:38 AM

Parent and child spaces are actually there partly for your benifit by the way. It is impossible to strap a child into a car seat without opening the door fully. I'm sure you would be the first to complain if someone ran a childs buggy down the side of your car or if their kids left hand prints or scratches on the paint. Anyone wondering why they are close to the entrance has obviously never tried to get two screaming kids and their shopping across a busy car park while making sure nobody runs them over. Any healthy adult on their own can quite easily park a distance away and walk if they are that bothered about their car. You can't always do that with kids. My local Sainsburys has 'comfort parking' spaces at the far end of the car park which is a top idea.
I was questioned once when getting out of my S in a parent and child spare - a bloke came up and said 'these are for woman with children' to which I replied, 'no it quite clearly says parent'.
Years ago I used to have a Renault 19 16V. I once came back to it in a supermarket car park to find a woman had rested a carboard box full of her shopping on my roof while she fished around in her pockets for her car keys. I said nothing, got in my car and drove away leaving her picking up her shopping from the floor.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:56 AM

Mine got dinges the other day in a hotel car park.
It was caught on CCTV, Range Rover parked next to me, biaatch got out and dented my car, she looked, shut her door and trotted off!

I left a note on her screen asking to contact me but she never did.

as I can't stand dents I already got mine fixed, cost me
Old 06-29-2009, 04:05 AM

[QUOTE=mega_stream,Jun 29 2009, 12:56 PM] Mine got dinges the other day in a hotel car park.
It was caught on CCTV, Range Rover parked next to me, biaatch got out and dented my car, she looked, shut her door and trotted off!

I left a note on her screen asking to contact me but she never did.

as I can't stand dents I already got mine fixed, cost me
Old 06-29-2009, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by AlyWW,Jun 29 2009, 11:38 AM
Years ago I used to have a Renault 19 16V. I once came back to it in a supermarket car park to find a woman had rested a carboard box full of her shopping on my roof while she fished around in her pockets for her car keys. I said nothing, got in my car and drove away leaving her picking up her shopping from the floor.
Fantastic! I bet she thought you were in the wrong.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by FistralG,Jun 29 2009, 02:22 PM
Fantastic! I bet she thought you were in the wrong.
that is a classic...I would have driven slowly off then put her box of shopping in my boot!

Quick Reply: People who don't give a cr*p