UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

People who don't give a cr*p

Old 07-01-2009, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think ' getting out' of a car needs to be taught to people learning to drive too. Super markets should also adopt segrigated parking spaces a bit like disabled. Crap car and very nice car . Already have a fresh ding on my drivers door thanks to some twit. No matter where you park some flump will park next to you.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:15 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Aren't they already labelled as "Disabled"?

Old 07-01-2009, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by iridium,Jun 30 2009, 10:33 AM
If you went to a block of flats or an office building, and there was a sign saying a space was reserved for a certain flat, or for the managing director of the company, would you park there when it's not meant for you?

2. You're on the supermarket's property. If they tell you a space is for the use of parents with children, thats who it's for.

3. Ignoring designated spaces, or parking across double spaces because you feel your car to be in some way more important or precious than others just reinforces the stereotype that those of us who drive two seater sports cars are all inconsiderate cocks.
1, No of course not, they have paid for the space in some form of another.

2. I am a customer of theirs. So long as I am not breaking any laws I will park where I choose.

3. Speak for yourself.

You have made some incorrect assumptions about my situation.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Zudzilla,Jul 1 2009, 06:11 PM
No matter where you park some flump will park next to you.
they do that to use you as a reference, because they are sheep, they want to ogle your car or they want to p*ss you off

try parking at an angle, not across two bays, at the end of the car park

they don't copy that for some reason, and it makes a ding much less likely if you are protected on one side whilst parked at an angle
Old 07-01-2009, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by TRW,Jun 30 2009, 11:19 AM
If its your supermarket then I would respect the rules that you would set.

Not really justifying your actions is it?
Assumptions assumptions

I suppose you never break rules then.

Would you be prepared to follow a rule such as parking spaces for people earning >
Old 07-01-2009, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by gaddafi,Jul 1 2009, 07:18 PM
try parking at an angle, not across two bays, at the end of the car park

Our Sainsbury's has a very nice spot on the end of the role that has a hatched space next to it - that's my parking space I park over the markings and into the middle of the 'allocated' parking space.

Agree with 'grouping' - find this happens in the cinema as well. You sit miles away from anyone in a huge cinema and then two people come in and sit right behind you despite 500+ other seats being available - go figure!

Since getting this car I care less and less about taking up two spaces and if someone thinks it's because I can't park properly (which has been a throw away comment I've overheard) I don't care.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:56 AM

I got to work a little later than usual today to find that all the staff have heard about my car being dinged. And as they rate it the most beautiful car in the carpark they've unanimously agreed to leave an open space for me each day (with no prompting on my part)...and it's the only space where I feel my car is safe! WOO HOO!!!

There are still good people in the world! And they work with me!
Old 07-01-2009, 12:15 PM

[QUOTE=Bokkie,Jul 1 2009, 08:56 PM] I got to work a little later than usual today to find that all the staff have heard about my car being dinged. And as they rate it the most beautiful car in the carpark they've unanimously agreed to leave an open space for me each day (with no prompting on my part)...and it's the only space where I feel my car is safe!
Old 07-01-2009, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by jakesalter,Jul 1 2009, 09:15 PM
Top result

The old adage of something good always comes out of a bad experience springs to mind.
Cheers Jake, made me smile today, that's for sure
Sometimes we're so busy looking down on things, we forget to look up and see the good things...or something like that!
Old 07-01-2009, 02:36 PM

Well done mate, I am going to request one at the gym car park.

Wish me luck!

Quick Reply: People who don't give a cr*p