UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

People who don't give a cr*p

Old 06-30-2009, 01:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gaddafi,Jun 30 2009, 09:02 PM
but parents and kids are more important than me?
They are to the people who design supermarket car parks

Your just going to have to deal with that fact...no matter how much you whinge about it...it ain't going to change!
Old 06-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by GIXER1,Jun 30 2009, 09:05 PM
They are to the people who design supermarket car parks

Your just going to have to deal with that fact...no matter how much you whinge about it...it ain't going to change!
it seems to be more of a problem for you than it is for me

I simply ignore the signs

that ain't going to change either

Old 06-30-2009, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gaddafi,Jun 30 2009, 10:24 PM

the looks I sometime clock when parking Doris in the "brat and pushchair wielding hazard" spaces are hysterical. Someone/thing once pointed out "dats fur muvvers and chilldrun" to which to this day I cannot think of a more suitable response other than "oh"
Old 06-30-2009, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by gaddafi,Jun 30 2009, 10:24 PM
it seems to be more of a problem for you than it is for me

Not a problem for me...I just take the other car

You ignore the signs It would seem that Che Guevara is not dead after all...where have you been hiding all this time?
Old 06-30-2009, 10:13 PM
TRW

Originally Posted by LadyB,Jun 30 2009, 10:34 PM
the looks I sometime clock when parking Doris in the "brat and pushchair wielding hazard" spaces are hysterical. Someone/thing once pointed out "dats fur muvvers and chilldrun" to which to this day I cannot think of a more suitable response other than "oh"
A bit sad that not only do you do something you know is wrong but you also get some pleasure from winding others up who follow the rules.

Some of the responses on this thread just amaze me.

I see the stereotype of the inconsiderate sports car driver lives on!
Old 07-01-2009, 01:07 AM

Where do you draw the line? Is it ok to park in a Parent/Child parking spot if the car park is vistually empty (therefore guaranteeing that if someone ligitimately needed the spot, one would be free)? Or is it never acceptable to park there?

Personally, I think it's a marketing gimmick so supermarkets with their long checkout Q's and narrow aisles can claim to be "parent friendly". Wont park there if it's busy, simply because some twat would no doubt "punish" my car.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by phil121081,Jun 30 2009, 07:32 PM
I too used to think that parking next to an expensive car would be a safer bet than next to a shed. The Trafford Centre however changed my view, a few years back we parked our new cooper s next to a tasteful new range rover sport. After a few hours of retail hell we grabbed a sandwich to eat on the car on the way back down the M6/5. Got in car, only to see a chap walking over to the RR, we are sat in the car and he opens his driver door and slams into the passenger door of our immaculate mini. Not impressed, I got out, walked around the car and looked down to door to inspect the damage. The chap, reversing out of his space, winds the window down and fires some expletives my way about what am i looking at...."the dent you just left in my door" clearly provoked a responce that i was not expecting, his door starts to open and i fear it could get ugly. I get back in the mini and scarper.

Nice car often equals lowlife scum bag with little or no respect for others who obtained his small fortune not how average Joe would approve.

Shame really.

I park the new S as far from anyhting else I can, sadly however it is only a matter of time and is only a car. It wont be be new for ever and will sadly be rippled with dings like all the others. Fibre glass helps, the elise was dent free! jsut stone chipped to hell.
How do you know he wasn't getting out to have a closer look at the damage?
Old 07-01-2009, 07:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TRW,Jul 1 2009, 06:13 AM
A bit sad that not only do you do something you know is wrong but you also get some pleasure from winding others up who follow the rules.
she doesn't think it's wrong

neither do I

Old 07-01-2009, 09:41 AM

Perhaps whats needed is some even bigger parking spaces along side the parent and child ones marked up "decent car and ego"
Old 07-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by GIXER1,Jul 1 2009, 05:41 PM
Perhaps whats needed is some even bigger parking spaces along side the parent and child ones marked up "decent car and ego"
just make them the same (larger) size for everyone

and first come, first served

job done

Quick Reply: People who don't give a cr*p