UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

People who don't give a cr*p

Old 06-30-2009, 09:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gaddafi,Jun 29 2009, 05:49 PM
your choice to have kids and your problem

just because I may not have kids doesn't mean I may not have some pressing reason to park close to the supermarket
Until one day someone with a more pressing reason than you parks in the last parent space and the parent who would have used it parks next to one of your "decent" cars and leaves you with a nice parking dent.....then it becomes your problem!

Sorry if you think your more important than the next person.....it may well come as a shock to you...but your not!
Old 06-30-2009, 11:05 AM

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts

So it seems the answer is to keep car in a large garage, with aircon, foam on walls, drive somewhere and return without stopping! Not much fun it seems!!!!

Earlier someone mentioned auto matic carparks, nowt new about them been around for donkeys years, I think Bennie Lifts Ltd put a few in back in the sixties, i know of one in Victoria and One in Holborn, both in london that is. Both have dropped cars at various times down the lift shafts and i believe one numpty driver managed to get up to his car and drove it down the shaft and died.

The other problem is the bogies that pick up the car and pull it on to the lift plaform, not all car have sufficient clearance or have 2 wide or 2 narrow tracks.Damage often occurs.rake off and the bay in which ur car is depositd has a slight slope to keep the car safely !!!!!! in the bay, until the lift returns and the bogie picks it up again for the return trip to you .

I think the OCD sufferers would find this parking alternative some what nerve racking.

By the way I sure i have read or seen some evidence that most car park crime is commited in the far eaches of car parks or top floors, best to park in the busiest areas more chance of a witness and report and prople spoted will be conspiuous and embarresed into confesion.

You leave the handb
Old 06-30-2009, 11:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too used to think that parking next to an expensive car would be a safer bet than next to a shed. The Trafford Centre however changed my view, a few years back we parked our new cooper s next to a tasteful new range rover sport. After a few hours of retail hell we grabbed a sandwich to eat on the car on the way back down the M6/5. Got in car, only to see a chap walking over to the RR, we are sat in the car and he opens his driver door and slams into the passenger door of our immaculate mini. Not impressed, I got out, walked around the car and looked down to door to inspect the damage. The chap, reversing out of his space, winds the window down and fires some expletives my way about what am i looking at...."the dent you just left in my door" clearly provoked a responce that i was not expecting, his door starts to open and i fear it could get ugly. I get back in the mini and scarper.

Nice car often equals lowlife scum bag with little or no respect for others who obtained his small fortune not how average Joe would approve.

Shame really.

I park the new S as far from anyhting else I can, sadly however it is only a matter of time and is only a car. It wont be be new for ever and will sadly be rippled with dings like all the others. Fibre glass helps, the elise was dent free! jsut stone chipped to hell.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:01 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by AlyWW,Jun 30 2009, 11:29 AM
Gaddafi, being shelfish or lazy or both does not count as a pressing reason.
you don't need to tell me

I didn't say they were reasons
Old 06-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GIXER1,Jun 30 2009, 05:37 PM

Sorry if you think your more important than the next person.....it may well come as a shock to you...but your not!
but parents and kids are more important than me?
Old 06-30-2009, 12:30 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Phil, those type of ****s are scum of the earth. The ones which see no reason

I'd love to be triple hard and punish them
Old 06-30-2009, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 4-week old Bermuda Blue was dinged in the carpark at work yesterday. The woman (I'm being polite now) who did it was trying to get into the back of her car to eat her lunch - on what was the hottest day of the year...go figure! Opened the door of her 2002 Corsa and neatly incised the near side front wing of my S with the sharp corner of her door.

Anyhow's turns out she is one of the good guys - she confessed. So folks there are still people out there who do the right thing.

Having said that, when I didn't flutter a hand and say "that's ok, don't worry about it" but rather "you better speak to your insurers cos I want it repaired" she was rather put out - wanted to know why on earth I bought such an expensive car...if she'd known I'd make her pay, she'd not have said a word! How nice!!!!
Old 06-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Banned

a colleague of my sister did something similar

she owned up because she had been seen though

her car was a pos - my sister's was new

there then ensued a campaign of emotional blackmail for my sister to get her car fixed on the cheap
Old 06-30-2009, 12:49 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I had similar once, from an uninsured driver... Oh but I can't afford it, etc.

The threat of legal action resulted in a cheque coming my way.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been fortunate, she did try the emotional blackmail and jokey approach at first, swiftly followed by a bit of sarcasm but when that didn't work, she bit the bullet & rang her insurance company for a claim number. Kindly admitted during the recorded call that it was her fault so the insurer has today confirmed they'll cough up because there's no issue with liability!
To top it all, the insurer has agreed that Jenson (my car ) will be repaired by a chap I know & trust - no quibbles whatsoever about going out for 3 quotes etc! Now that the dent just pops out and the scrape disappears with a little buffing! (Erm, not the sort of buffing you were thinking though! )

Quick Reply: People who don't give a cr*p