UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

People who don't give a cr*p

Old 06-25-2009, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People who don't give a cr*p

Everytime I park my car in a car park, as far out of the way from everyone else I always seem to come back to a nail of a white van or a some mistreated heap of turd which has park obscurely next to me leaving hardly any room for me to get into my car, and also leaving me to wonder how they even managed to get out of their car without touching mine.

I noticed a small dent last week in the passenger door panel which looked like another door had touched mine.. gutted but these things happen. Last night I came back to my car to notice an old green megane scenic abandoned closely next to me at the back of the car park, drivers side. I had a quick look but couldnt see any signs of damage. Ive just gone out to the car and behold.............another dent!!!

Why are people so ignorant and inconsiderate.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I came home the other day to my upset wife pointing out massive scrapes down the side of her Grand Espace.

Must have been something big cos it's the whole height of the rear door and rear quarter.

Sainsbury's car park..

:-(

With the scale of the damage, whoever did it couldn't have just not noticed. They must have made a conscious decision to just drive away.

####ers!!!
Old 06-25-2009, 09:39 AM

Was in Clumber Park a month or so ago and had the car in view while we were having a picnic. No formal parking, just park on the grass so we parked in between two vehicles and had enough room to open the doors fully.

One car left and then a c0ck in a Hi-Lux turns up and parks close to our car. I obviously sit up and start paying attention. He gets out and looks to ding the wing. He then opens the back door for the dog and does the same.

Mr CJ got up at this point and went over the inspect the vehicle and the guy said he hadn't touched it. Told him that we were sat and saw him do it twice. His wife mumbled something and they walked away. Car was fine so we moved it over in our space to give the porker a bit more room for when he returned to the vehicle.

Even when I drove old bangers I never opened the door without checking. Some people are just inconsiderate.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:51 AM

I'm also someone who goes to extreme lengths to avoid parking dents.. The first tactic is obviously avoidance by taking the wife's car out shopping or into town etc. The second is to park as far away as possible from anyone else in the car park, in that respect I've always been lucky and I haven't (yet) had any major parking dinks. Worse case scenario - park next to the nicest car you can find in the car park, I would like to think that those who have done well for themselves are respectful of other peoples property.

There are people who are of the opinion that 'life is too short to worry about such minor tribulations'. Personally, I can see where they are coming from but I like to keep my possessions in tip top condition. Call it OCD or whatever!
Old 06-25-2009, 09:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

People who are too ignorant, or know that they have damaged someone else's car without informing the owner should be tortured, then shot in the kneecaps and genitals...can't stand 'em.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:53 AM

I never park next to a People Carrier or something that says 'Princess on Board'
Old 06-25-2009, 10:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let the knee capping commence loftust

On the flip side, I saw a car in my works car park with a note on it. Someone had hit this car and left their details on it. Fair play I thought, at least there are some honest people left out there.

I now find myself parking over two bays now at an angle to prevent anyone getting too close, that or I use the mummy and baby bays.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:14 AM

we came back from holiday a few years ago to find my girlfriends car, still parked on the street outside the house

bashed in...

but there was note..

with a telephone number

but the details were made up

w4nkers
Old 06-25-2009, 10:37 AM

Every car I've ever owned has been hit in a car park.

Citroen AX - dent left in door
Nissan Almera - Scrape on wheel arch
Civic Type R - Crack in rear bumper
S2000 - Rear number plate holder split
Old 06-25-2009, 10:45 AM

Mine got dinged on an S2K meet

Quick Reply: People who don't give a cr*p