UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Pakshak Microfiber Towels - How Do You Use Yours?

Old 03-24-2004, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok as I have said my towels arrived safely and the Yellow ones are really soft.

I've admired them, stuck my face in them, washed them carefully and dried them naturally.

I have thought of various ways to put them to use (on the car) but was wondering if everyone would share their recommendations for each towel type.
I know I'd be interested in that.
I've discounted drying the cats with them already so they're still safe for now!

There are more flavours than than so feel free to add what you use for what. There will be a few "lurking" to read this thread.

So what do you guys use them for and why? I've updated the "Nerdiest" thread on the board to make it easier to update. Can you mention the number and tell me if I've missed a flavour!

#1. - 16" x 16" ultra - micro fiber towel (light blue, mint green, dark green)
----------
Fletch - Used for general dusting inside the car (and the house for that matter) and also sometimes used for a final (dry) buffing of the paintwork. (i.e. after the first "buff the wax off" process) works wonders on the TV screen
----------
AquilaEagle - 16" X 24" ultra - micro fiber towel - used for polishing after application of zaino
----------
Amuse Boy - 16" x 16" ultra - micro fiber towel -
light blue wipe on Z6
mint green buff Z6
--------------------------------------------------------------

#2. - 24" X 24" ultra - micro fiber towel (light blue, mint green)
----------
Fletch - Used mainly to remove (buff off) the very Zymol Wax. Can also be used to buff off ordinary cheap crap polish.
----------
AquilaEagle - ultra - micro fiber towel - used inside the car, and also for the final drying
----------
san2000 - 24x24 towel - for 2nd round of buffing after wax application (EXCELLENT for this job). First round is with the mitts, but this kinda rubs the wax in rather than buffing as such.
----------
Amuse Boy - 24" X 24" ultra - micro fiber towel - dusting between washes

#3. - 16" x 24" ultra-fine - micro fiber towel (yellow)
----------
Fletch - Not played with them yet but can (and will) be used for either of the previous two applications.
If the car is just a little grubby, doesn't need a full wash, I just use a hose and a micro fibre towel.
Just hose it and wipe. The towel lifts the dirt right off and restores the shine lovely. (It more or less drys it as well. But you can use the waffle towel as well if it needs it.)
You obviously have to be careful if it is particularly gritty, but otherwise it works perfectly well with no marks.
----------
Richieh - Drying the car after I've used a hydrblade and chamois. I use the rougher one on the wheels and exhausts.
----------
Jaeger - Quick wash works wonders. Just hose her down (with a bit of pressure to remove any grit) and wash/dry with ultra-fine. Lifts the dirt right of and helps to dry, then a waffle will final dry it.
----------
AquilaEagle - the new lovely yellow ones are still virgins, but will probably be used for buffing
----------
Amuse Boy - ultra-fine - micro fiber towel - buffing polish

#4. - 25" x 36" waffle weave micro fiber towel (light blue)
----------
RichUK - Use it for drying the car after I've washed it. They do an excellent job, and leave the car with a much better finish than I ever got with a chamois.
----------
Fletch - Drying the car after washing
----------
neil_s2k - Waffle weave for drying the car after washing. I use it on all the cars and it makes a huge difference. Never been one for chamoising
----------
Richieh - The towel is to get rid of the last of the water. I use the rougher one on the wheels and exhausts
----------
san2000 - Waffle weave - for the second round of drying after a chammy, and also dust-wiping the car.
----------
Amuse Boy - 25" x 36" waffle weave micro fiber towel - drying only

#5. - 6.5" x 9.5" ultra - micro fiber mitt (light blue)
----------
Fletch - Mainly used for the final (dry) buffing, sometimes as a wax off buffer (Or massaging the missus)
----------
AquilaEagle - used for putting on Z6
----------
Amuse Boy - 6.5" x 9.5" ultra - micro fiber mitt - washing the wheels

[B]#6. - 4
Old 03-24-2004, 12:14 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I use the light blue waffle towels for drying the car after I've washed it. They do an excellent job, and leave the car with a much better finish than I ever got with a chamois.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:07 AM

Can't remember what make mine are, but I use the finer one for drying the car after I've used a hydrblade and chamois. The towel is to get rid of the last of the water. I use the rougher one on the wheels and exhausts.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:49 AM

16" x 16" ultra - micro fiber towel
Used for general dusting inside the car (and the house for that matter) and also sometimes used for a final (dry) buffing of the paintwork. (i.e. after the first "buff the wax off" process) works wonders on the TV screen

24" X 24" ultra - micro fiber towel
Used mainly to remove (buff off) the very Zymol Wax. Can also be used to buff off ordinary cheap crap polish or nasty chemicals like Zaino.

16" x 24" ultra-fine - micro fiber towel
Not played with them yet but can (and will) be used for either of the previous two applications

25" x 36" waffle weave micro fiber towel
Drying the car after washing

6.5" x 9.5" ultra - micro fiber mitt
Mainly used for the final (dry) buffing, sometimes as a wax off buffer (Or massaging the missus)
Old 03-24-2004, 07:55 AM

Waffle weave for drying the car after washing. I use it on all the cars and it makes a huge difference. Never been one for chamoising
Old 03-24-2004, 11:50 AM

Great,
Keep them coming there got to be more secrets around the forum for these towels.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:00 PM

Ths has got to be one of the GEEKIEST threads for ages
good work gents!
Old 03-25-2004, 12:34 AM

Originally posted by C7BLE
Ths has got to be one of the GEEKIEST threads for ages
good work gents!
Always try to please!
So what do you use yours for C7BLE, can it be published?
Old 03-25-2004, 06:17 AM

There was a thread earlier on about the S2k Jock initiation ceremony which involved a jar of Swarfega and a Welders glove.

could use it to clean up that I suppose
Old 03-25-2004, 03:06 PM

Originally posted by C7BLE
There was a thread earlier on about the S2k Jock initiation ceremony which involved a jar of Swarfega and a Welders glove.

could use it to clean up that I suppose
So can I book one, as I don't want to wait till the North East/Scottish Borders meet?
Could be messy for the seats!
Can't wait either!

Quick Reply: Pakshak Microfiber Towels - How Do You Use Yours?