UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Paint Correction

Old 07-25-2011, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben G
Looks perfect

I really need to pay someone to do this to mine one day, mine has a few too many swirls in it and more than one person has been kinda enough to leave scratches in the lacquer for me in carparks
You are in Essex you should talk to Xd here on the forum he will sort your car out for you.

Rog your car looks fab, great job paint looks awesome
Old 07-26-2011, 04:28 AM
Xd

You know, makes me think we should have a come and play day, set something up so people car polish their cars under supervision to see what it's all about. ROgC has some very good points about the DA polishers and their use. It's not rocket science just needs a little common sense.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:16 AM

Cracking job. I need someone to detail mine soon.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:21 AM

Thanks for the advice Rogc.

I only ask as I had the car detailed after buying it last summer and the detailer had an awful lot of bother with the correction. I'm not 100% on his technique but I remember his polish kept clumping together. If I recall I think he ended up using 3M ultrafina and a finishing pad on a DA rather than his usual rotary. What he thought was going to be a 20hr correction ended up over 40hrs

Even with a sympathetic wash and dry technique I still can't keep the car as conditioned as I'd like and being able to see the swirls in direct sunlight is annoying.

Buying a DA and a panel from a breakers sounds like a good start..............or I could just play on the girlfriend's Yaris

Originally Posted by Xd
You know, makes me think we should have a come and play day, set something up so people car polish their cars under supervision to see what it's all about. ROgC has some very good points about the DA polishers and their use. It's not rocket science just needs a little common sense.
A play day at MM7 would be fantastic Xd You're a sea crossing away at the minute haha
Old 07-26-2011, 05:22 AM
hkp

Originally Posted by Xd
I'm up for that! (I'm in the Stansted area)
Old 07-26-2011, 08:04 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Interesting comment about Meg's products merely filling - I'm sure the same scratches come back again!
Old 07-26-2011, 11:32 AM

Hi

Am new to the S2000 - got mine end April. When I bought it I also bought Smart Cover from the Honda dealers. Basically its a paint protection system and dent service but their products are really good. The Nanodry Wash and Shield is ace! No washing, just spray on and polish off. If the car is heavily soiled then you need to wash with shampoo first. I was very cynical about it at first but having used it I would certainly recommend it. Not only does it leave a lovely smooth waxy feel but minor scratches disappear!
check out the website www.SmartCoveruk.com.

BB
Old 07-26-2011, 12:23 PM

Very sceptical, I would be worried about inducing scratches. Covering is one thing, correcting is another thing entirely. I have heard of nano technology products but never used them. One thing whilst watching their video of products being profesionally applied the buffer they were using looks like a £15 item from halfords. Im not knocking the product, just a little sceptical that it will last 6 years, with a finish as good as wax. However if it works then great.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:58 AM
Xd

Feck, I will be doing Brians car soon on ready for MM7
rogC have a look at my thread here https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/882...#entry20815549
Old 08-21-2011, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by hkp
Originally Posted by Xd' timestamp='1311683310' post='20815834
I'm up for that! (I'm in the Stansted area)
I'd be up for that wherever it was - worth asking the question in the Meets section? TBH, I'd be happy to chip in some cash to attend such a day - the alternative for many is spending loads chasing inappropriate products. Or get it wrong and destroy the paint. Or being needlessly terrified of getting it wrong so letting the paint needlessly deteriorate.

I'm in at least two of those camps at the moment