UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

paint colour

Old 08-14-2008, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paint colour

hi guys and girls, i hope you are well.

some git has trashed the back end of my s2000 - he hit it in a nissan truck.

the car isnt an original colour - the insurance company are being very difficult about this - they seem to have used it as an excuse to not repair it and offer me a cash settlement, which is lower than it will cost to fix by about 2k and much lower than the value of replacing the car. i cannot tell you how much i loathe these people at the moment. you pay your money, year in year out, and when you need them, they screw you.

i dont know what the colour is, i am actively trying to find the previous owner - we shall see, but otherwise, how can i find out what the colour is?

please help. this is going to cost me a lot of money otherwise.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:38 PM

Do you know what the original colour was? There should be a colour code stamped on your car near the VIN
Old 08-14-2008, 12:51 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

If you take it to a bodyshop they should have a colour meter (i've forgotten the proper name for it) that will tell them the colour mix to get a perfect match.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Post a pic, we may know the car
Old 08-15-2008, 03:33 AM

original colour was silver - not muxch help though as now it is dark green.

pics...are on this thread here, page 3

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...c=596276&st=50

although to be honest, it looks black on these.

the last owner was called Mr Habba, based in the brighton area, he had it resprayed - iof anyonme knows him, please ask him to get in touch! i can be called on 0800 6 118 247
Old 08-15-2008, 03:59 AM

Is it registered as Green on the V5 and declared to insurance company as modified, if so then pursue them legally if required.
If not then I guess you'll have to accept the offer they possibly could refuse to pay out full stop
Old 08-15-2008, 04:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by simonprelude,Aug 15 2008, 11:59 AM
Is it registered as Green on the V5 and declared to insurance company as modified, if so then pursue them legally if required.
If not then I guess you'll have to accept the offer they possibly could refuse to pay out full stop
Date of First Registration 17 09 1999
Year of Manufacture 1999
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1998CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour GREEN
Old 08-15-2008, 04:41 AM

I really don't see how changing a cars colour changes the risk for the insurance company! Obviously if it's an expensive paint then there is the added cost, but why can't one just quote for a respray of the original paint and ask for that to be paid. Then you can cover the difference yourself??
Old 08-15-2008, 06:46 AM

After having stern words with them, they are going to come back to me on mondaywith some kind of revision.

they now claim that the estimate was based on the wrong car.

it makes me so mad. you pay and pay and pay, and then when you need them, they screw you. it seems very rare that i can get anything done in any industry these days where i dont have to complain or do half their job for them. i do my job properly and proffesionally - iguess its too much to ask.

it says on the v5 it is green

its just a metallic paint colour - i dont see the problem. i even offerred to pay for the remaining panels (front wings and bonnet) to be sprayed as well for a complete job - then therre cant be a problem - i will see what they say about that.

but its crazy. they say they cant guarantee that they will get the same colour - how difficult can it be? surely there is some kind of machine that can analyze the colour? i can get my walls matched to my pillow cases by a spotty 17 yeasr old at home base for crying out loud.

when i do a job, if it isnt right, thats my fault, and i have to make it good. if they choose the wrong colour, apparantly its my fault.

aaargh!
anyways, rant over.

i may have to sue the other parties insurance company if i dont get any satisfaction.

right, well, im off to a wedding for the weekend so i will read your replies when i get back! have a good one guys and girls...

cheers again
kev
Old 08-15-2008, 06:58 AM

This sort of thing really winds me up.

Tell them that you'll sue them if they don't comply

Quick Reply: paint colour