UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Oxygen sensor

Old 04-17-2011, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oxygen sensor

Was having a good day at North Weald track day, then suddenly engine management light came on. Pulled off the track immediately and called the RAC out, he checked it on his comp and it was saying oxygen sensor problem., other than that he said it was showing that the engine was running perfectly. I know you can search for this on here but can't get it to work at the moment.
Is it likely that it can be anything else and are they easy to come by.It is my daily runner and need to get it sorted asap so any help will be much appreciated.
PS the RAC bloke said they wouldn't normally test my car for me, as was on the track but he made an acception, saying that we seemed a good group of blokes and of course i gave him a tip
Old 04-17-2011, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Did he reset the light?

It should be fine
Old 04-17-2011, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle
Did he reset the light?

It should be fine
Yes he reset it but it came back on again in about 10 seconds, drove home perfectly too, about 20 miles
Old 04-17-2011, 07:35 AM
Administrator

Is your car de-catted?
Old 04-17-2011, 07:39 AM

Is your car de-catted?
It was but put the cat back on again, about 3 weeks ago for MOT,cat still on it.Garage R exhaust
Old 04-17-2011, 07:45 AM
Administrator

Check that the lambda sensor is attached correctly, or it may have been damaged when changing the cat.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:57 AM

Check that the lambda sensor is attached correctly, or it may have been damaged when changing the cat.
Thanks for the replies, i didn't change it myself, got a mobile mechanic to do it, as i'm too fat to get under the car, only other thing i can say is that it was changed over about 6 weeks ago, i would have thought it would have shone up by now. Not been thrashed so much in a short period of time though, hitting max revs about a dozen times.
PS, this forum is getting back upto speed again
Old 04-17-2011, 09:00 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

No issues driving with a buggered lambda / O2 sensor short-term. In fact it's not even used when you are driving flat out. It will be running rich during normal driving, so mpg will be down.

But it may not actually be buggered. What was the fault
Code?
Old 04-17-2011, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by MB
No issues driving with a buggered lambda / O2 sensor short-term. In fact it's not even used when you are driving flat out. It will be running rich during normal driving, so mpg will be down.

But it may not actually be buggered. What was the fault
Code?
Sorry not sure what the fault code was, just didn't clear the code, he just told me it was 1 not 2, if that makes sence
Old 04-17-2011, 10:53 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

He means its primary not secondary.

As Mark says not used in WOT etc, get yourself a 'Walker' one as Honda ones are too expensive and the other cheap ebay ones are rubbish. I've said it several times on here and folk have found out the hard way on here buying cheap ebay ones (can think of two people who have ended up replacing them shortly after), the responsive rate and longevity of ebay ones are shit.

Search for 'walker 02', or 'Walker Lambda', Honda around £120-140, Walker ones ~£65-70.

I, amongst several others have had no issues with Walker ones

Quick Reply: Oxygen sensor