UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Other tuning options

Old 09-04-2014, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Other tuning options

As you may have seen on my previous thread my ECU (37820-PCX-U06) is not compatible with Hondata despite it being a MY06 (KO56DFP) drive by wire S2000.

I have checked with Hondata and TDi (failed trip down there earlier in the week) and it has been confirmed that the Hondata is not supported with my ECU, dont know why it just isn't.

Hondata weren't very helpful either one email reading "Because there has been no R&D on this and it is not something we plan to do." Top customer service there!

So my question is what are my other tuning options? new ECU? or alternative?

I am a bit of a novice when it comes to tuning so would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks
Old 09-04-2014, 11:17 PM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

I'd spend the money on driver training, you'll get far more out of the car that way than you will by throwing bits at it.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:21 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by lovegroova
I'd spend the money on driver training, you'll get far more out of the car that way than you will by throwing bits at it.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:25 PM

Thanks for the concern but have already invested in driving training i.e. done a skid pan day and track tuition previously. As I complete understand getting to know the car and how to drive it before trying to modify/tune it.

That being said, I have already fitted an Exhaust manifold, Decat and Exhaust so need a remap/tune. Hence the question.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys some people just like to mod cars, not everybody feels the need to be able to push the car to the very limits of what it can do. If I supercharge mine in future it won't be so I can set new lap records, it'll be so I can over take a little easier with the extra torque on hand. bruceski isn't asking how to be a better driver.

On a side note, if you decide to go down a different route I might be interested in taking the flashpro off your hands If it's compatible of course.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:16 AM

Like Nico has said I enjoy modding cars, I know its not for everyone I just happen to enjoy doing it, call it a hobby if you will.

I have however hit a stumbling block so was just after some advice.

I appreciate the whole "learn to drive it first" argument but its not like am 'whacking' a super/turbocharger on it I have just fitted a few bolt-ons and was after a re tune is all. The route I decided to go down proved unsuccessful so require an alternative.

Thanks.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Scrap the Hondata and get an AEM EMS with a proper tune, you will not regret this.

I don't think you have hit a stumbling block at all, personally I feel that this gives you the opportunity to buy and utilise a decent EMS over the Hondata rubbish.

Driver tuition is always a good shout but engine health is more important in the first instance.

Keep calm and carry on modding
Old 09-05-2014, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by mikefifth
Scrap the Hondata and get an AEM EMS with a proper tune, you will not regret this.

I don't think you have hit a stumbling block at all, personally I feel that this gives you the opportunity to buy and utilise a decent EMS over the Hondata rubbish.

Driver tuition is always a good shout but engine health is more important in the first instance.

This has been suggested by TDi as a possible, more expensive solution. He has however informed me that it is a better option overall aside from price.

Plus would suit many application and future modifications. The most frustrating part is Hondatas apparent lack of interest. One email reading "I don’t have any other solutions for you" seems a bit unprofessional from 'customer services'. Very annoying!

Will see what happens but hopefully gets resolved soon.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:20 AM

I agree AEM is a good shout , that what I have on mine got launch control now as well ... What about a throttle body also for another bolt on part ?
Old 09-05-2014, 01:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bruceski
Originally Posted by mikefifth' timestamp='1409905414' post='23316900

This has been suggested by TDi as a possible, more expensive solution. He has however informed me that it is a better option overall aside from price.

Plus would suit many application and future modifications. The most frustrating part is Hondatas apparent lack of interest. One email reading "I don’t have any other solutions for you" seems a bit unprofessional from 'customer services'. Very annoying!

Will see what happens but hopefully gets resolved soon.
Did you buy direct from them, if so refund.

Quick Reply: Other tuning options