UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Only one new alloy!

Old 06-14-2005, 01:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Only one new alloy!

Put in my warranty claim yesterday for some new alloys as the back left one is devloping bubbles under the surface all over it.

Was a little frustrated to hear that Honda is likely to only replace that alloy and not the other three

He also said that they may not replace it as he thinks they might have been replaced before by the previous owner.

Surely this can't be right. Has this happened to any one else? Obviously, one is better than none so it is fingers crossed I guess.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:49 AM

I'd certainly object to the stance of "already replaced". If the car is still under warranty then the wheels should be replaced anyway...
Old 06-14-2005, 01:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are the other three completely OK? I had all four alloys replaced recently and two of them had hardly any markings of corrosion at all.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:00 AM

The others have only slight marking/corrosion from brake dust. The service guy claimed this was usual on all cars and therefore wouldn't be accepted as a warranty claim.

My mistake perhaps as he commented on how clean the car was for its age! Perhaps I should have not cleaned it for a few weeks before taking it in!!!
Old 06-14-2005, 02:02 AM

If the corrosion is due to brake dust and is normal on all cars that sounds to me like perfect grounds for a warranty claim.

Try a different dealer.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:09 AM

If they're marked, they should be replaced.

When I had mine changed 2 of them were ok, but all 4 got changed.

And it's about them being changed under warranty before. So what!!! If they're shagged, thay're shagged.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:57 AM

Thanks I didn't think it was right, I think I will see what he comes back with and then argue that it should be all four

You never know Honda might just provide the lot, fingers crossed.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:14 AM

car is in for service today and they have confirmed that I should be getting only one alloy replaced this morning.

Noticed this morning that the front one is now flaking so I guess I will have to ask about putting in another claimn for the front. This could take a while to get them all replaced!!!
Old 06-28-2005, 02:20 AM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you talked to HUK directly ?

My dealer was fannying about and wasn't at all helpful, they said there was no chance that I'd get mine replaced.

Several calls to HUK and the dealer is eating humble pie and fitting 4 brand new alloys.

Worth a try I'd say.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:32 AM
Banned

Speak to Honda UK and tell them the dealer is being a complete muppet!!

I took mine in and asked the dealer who was no help at all. Told me it would be just the one that they would replace (mine were not very bad at all) so I complained the HUK who sorted it out right away. I asked them how they could justify just a single wheel as they'd be leaving me with 3 iffy alloys that would be out of warranty within a few weeks.

The dealer then told me they only fitted random Potenza tires and not the proper S02's!?!?!? I told them I'd bring my own S02's as per the Honda guidelines but they actually told me they would not be willing to fit tires they had not sourced??!?! Happy to fit the wrong ones if they sold them to me but no chance of me supplying the correct tires for my car!?!? I called Honda UK and told them to get my alloys out of the dealer as I'd not trust them to put petrol in my car let alone do any work on it.

Apologies for the rant - long story shot = got all four alloys and the correct tires

Quick Reply: Only one new alloy!