UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

One Less Car For SM3

Old 05-06-2003, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One Less Car For SM3

Well, my worst nightmare came true about 2 hours ago.

Was driving back from Crown Honda after having my clutch replaced, and was 2 minutes away from my garage. Was coming round the last bend before the turn into the Cul-de-Sac when I heard a car coming towards me at considerable speed. I rounded the bend and saw him coming towards me in the middle of the road. I braked, and leaned on my horn as I realised he hadn't even hit the brakes. By the time he did brake I was pretty much stationary, but there was no way he was going to stop. He hit my front end pushing me backward, and then ploughed up my off side and came to a halt a hundred yards behind me.

I got out and walked towards the car yelling blue murder. The driver and passenger got out and after looking at me somewhat bemused, they both legged it. I chased the driver for a while but lost him. To cut the rest of a long story short - the police turned up and closed the road, took statements etc. The car is not reported stolen, but has a tax disc with a different reg. The police say the car is 'known'. Fat lot of good that does me.

I would say my car is a write off, so suffice to say S2000 LB will not be making an appearance at SM3 - but LB still will be.

Pete & Marc - you have PM!
Old 05-06-2003, 11:58 AM

I am so sorry, hope it works out for you (ie. a new car), and glad you weren't hurt.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:03 PM

So sorry to hear that, Lisa.

I'd echo what Bonesy said. Fingers crossed the insurance company doesn't mess you about and that you're back behind the wheel of S2000 LB Mk II before very much longer.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh shit Lisa - I am so sorry to hear this, You must be absolutely gutted. Try to bear in mind things could have been much worse (oh yes they could!) it sounds like you are fine which is the main thing - one way or another the insurance (sadly, it sounds like yours) will sort the rest out.

It must have been quite a thump - make sure you visit the Doc's if things start to hurt - the adrenaline will be masking aches and pains at the moment.

Very best wishes

Ian
Old 05-06-2003, 12:11 PM

sorry to hear about your S Lisa, make sure you get to keep that reg. plate off the car, sure someone on here had a story to tell of the heartache involved in getting it back off the insurance company.

Ian.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:12 PM

Just wish that i could have caught up with the C+++ that was driving the car.

A thanks goes to the bmw owner that came back and also chased after them as to the witness that chased them as well.
There are still some nice people out there.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:19 PM

Sh*t sorry to hear that LB. Glad you're OK - as Ian said, get yourself checked out if anything hurts. Would have loved to see the state of him if you guys had caught up......
Old 05-06-2003, 12:22 PM

Arseholes!

It's one of those times when you just wanna catch up with them to find out WTF they thought they were doing (and give them a good kicking). And it's always us law-abiding citizens that have to stump up the cash to pay for tw@ts like them.

Sorry about your car but glad you're not hurt and still able to make it to SM3.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:24 PM

OMG ! Hope you can get things sorted soon without too much grief, glad you're going to be with us at SM3.

Keep us updated as to Insurance / police action.

Not much consolation but remember, at the ed of the day its only metal, and can be replaced. (By a nice shiny new one!!!!!)
Old 05-06-2003, 12:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lisa having just gone through the "accident" and insurance thing, I really feel for you.

If it's of any help......

Some Insurance Company pointers.

Don't assume it's a write-off unless there's been damage to the engine.
Your best friend is the engineer who will inspect the car. Try and contact him directly to get the real story.
Remember that you'll probably never talk to the same person in the claims dept. more than once. Don't trust them when they say they'll look into something.
Get the name of the claims dept. manager early on and use it at appropriate moments in your conversations with his team.
Take a note of the discussion, time, date and name of every contact with the insurance company. (Recording is optional)
Remember to remove the tax disc before the car gets picked up.
If they decide to repair it, make sure it goes to a Honda bodyshop.

Hope everything works out.

Quick Reply: One Less Car For SM3