UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

One for the FAQ?

Old 12-15-2004, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought you might bite Ade

BTW I wasn't calling you a mackem (I believe I asked if you were on the BB meet and, quite understandably, you didn't look impressed)
Old 12-16-2004, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by lovegroova,Dec 15 2004, 04:24 PM
Having sad that I've seem what I assume to be SM's Z (complete with Missus SM) waiting for him at the station (I've seen the S as well) and it does look lovely.
Ah shucks lovegroova, that's a nice thing to say

I hope the Missus and the S get the nod too

I've kept an eye out for another black S locally (as it's certain to be you I think) but never seen it. Kind of spooky that you've seen me, both cars and my wife (and probably thought "oh, that's that bloke from the forum").... but I couldn't pick you out in a crowd I guess that's what I get for having a registration number for a username!
Old 12-16-2004, 12:52 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I see simon out in his S (51 plate) more than you Stu!
Old 12-16-2004, 02:49 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by neil_s2k,Dec 16 2004, 07:48 AM
I thought you might bite Ade

BTW I wasn't calling you a mackem (I believe I asked if you were on the BB meet and, quite understandably, you didn't look impressed)
Too ing right dude! thats fighting talk.

Old 12-16-2004, 05:50 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

they all talk funny though man.

Someone once described the diff between a mackam and a geordie to me - my mate when he lived in Hartlepool and worked for the probation service. He also lived in Middlesbrough for a bit, and Stockton, and had a bird from Chester-le-street. He loved going out in newcastle, with his mate from sunderland. So i never really knew who or what was what or where
Old 12-16-2004, 06:21 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000 SM,Dec 16 2004, 09:07 AM
Ah shucks lovegroova, that's a nice thing to say

I hope the Missus and the S get the nod too

I've kept an eye out for another black S locally (as it's certain to be you I think) but never seen it. Kind of spooky that you've seen me, both cars and my wife (and probably thought "oh, that's that bloke from the forum").... but I couldn't pick you out in a crowd I guess that's what I get for having a registration number for a username!
Well, to tell a funny story, I did spot your S being driven by your missus (roof up in summer) in my early days here and was going to post something in the spotted thread along the lines of 'foxy looking lady driving black S etc...' but fortunately I vaguely remembered seeing your username here and checked first!

I've also spotted both of your cars when parked in the station carpark - about 5 miles from every other car!

I always walk to and from the station so see you wafting past me on the A404/412 by the fire station.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by lovegroova,Dec 16 2004, 03:21 PM
1. Well, to tell a funny story, I did spot your S being driven by your missus (roof up in summer)

2. was going to post something in the spotted thread along the lines of 'foxy looking lady driving black S etc...'

3. I've also spotted both of your cars when parked in the station carpark - about 5 miles from every other car!

4. I always walk to and from the station so see you wafting past me on the A404/412 by the fire station.
1. Probably didn't want to mess her hair up

3. You'd better believe it mate... I can't stand getting dinks in the door You'll also note that I park in one of only 4 longways spaces to avoid people parking next to us (waaay too anal, I know)

4. We must live pretty close and get on the same trains then.... I'll keep an eye open for people with a knowing look - not sure I want to suggest just bowling up and saying hello though... my first reply will probably be "not guilty"

Still, from now on in, you'll see me whispering in Mrs SM's ear.... does any of this lot look like a Simon to you?

Old 12-16-2004, 06:56 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

I'm easy to spot - pretty much always first out of the station on the way home (17.47 from Aldgate). Usually on the 8.10 in the morning.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by lovegroova,Dec 16 2004, 03:56 PM
1. I'm easy to spot - pretty much always first out of the station on the way home (17.47 from Aldgate).

2. Usually on the 8.10 in the morning.
1.... which will be what? the 18:20 from Finchley Road for me then? I'd have to have been a little late from work to be on that one. Still - clues are mounting.... you must be a "know the carriage/door that open by the top of the steps" person then. I can place which carriage you're in then......

....First out of the station eh?... I'm usually in the leading few myself

If you hear someone just behind you making a false "coughsimoncoughahem" noise you'll know what's going on

2. Oh... so you only see me looking rushed/late then

(*sorry to everyone else who feels excluded by this particularly sad post*)
Old 12-16-2004, 07:48 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

The 17.47 is supposed to get to Finchley Road at 18.10, although rarely does. It usually gets to Ricky at between 18.35 and 18.45.

Well, to move on to really deep levels of sadness, I take the 2nd nearest door to the exit, the rear door of the 4th carriage from the front. The nearest is the front door of the 5th carriage. There are usually fewer people in the 4th carriage to block the fast exit.

I can also be picked out as I usually sit in the front carriage from Aldgate to Moor Park (fast asleep) and then I run down the platform at MP to get the optimum exit for Ricky.

Yes I am very sad and am considering counselling.

Quick Reply: One for the FAQ?