UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

OMG!........I've been Zaino'd!

Old 04-16-2004, 01:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OMG!........I've been Zaino'd!

I've had a box full of Zaino products sat in my garage for months now so I decided to take yesterday off and give the S "the treatment".

Prior to Zaino I've always used Autoglym. In my experience, AG always gave a pretty good finish but the white residue it left always annoyed me.

I have to say...........Zaino blows Autoglym out of the water!. It took the whole day to prep the car and get some layers on but the finish is awesome!. The shine is so deep and clear!.

I gave the car a damn good wash in Fairy to remove all the old stuff. I then used a clay bar. Initially I was sceptical about this bit. However, I can't recommend it highly enough!. It's amazing what that piece of clay will remove. You can actually feel all the dirt and impurities on the car come off (even on a section of bodywork that looks clean to the eye).

I then cleaned with Z7, applied Z5 (with ZFX activator), applied Z6, applied another Z5 (again with ZFX) and then finished with Z6.

Thought I'd start with Z5 and then in future applications I'll use Z2 to get an even better optical result.

Result is great!. Here are a few piccies (can't wait to see the car when the sun is out!)......

............and my favourite (check out the reflection of the cobbled stones!)......

I know Zaino etc. has been talked to death before but just wanted to share the fruits of my hard labour!. I'd highly recommend this stuff to anyone!!!.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:21 AM

Neil, maybe a really stupid question, but where did you get the S badges on the bonnet / boot? They look great (as does the shiny car)!
Old 04-16-2004, 01:27 AM

Like the S badges Neil - I've had a set on for a month, and been asked 12 times what car it is

Maria - you can get them from Rick's in the US - good quality, even if a bit pricy
Old 04-16-2004, 01:32 AM

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2004, 01:53 AM

Nice work Neil! Maybe you could give some tips to AE
Old 04-16-2004, 01:54 AM

Yeah........the badges are from Rick. I've got front and back badges and also got the ones for the wheels and steering wheel. IMHO they look really good and much better than the MY00/01 badges which were much bulkier and uglier than the badges for 01/02 onwards. Not that cheap but they do look cool and also create havoc when people try to ID the car make!!!.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:57 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

looks good

I like your quality photos too

Ricks badges www.ricks2k.com - I dont know if i regret selling mine to Kris or not
Old 04-16-2004, 02:22 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rralston
Old 04-16-2004, 02:29 AM

I think I'm in a minority in thinking they look rather tacky and a bit rice......

Each to their own, I guess!
Old 04-16-2004, 02:35 AM
GSi

Top Tip to owners of grey cars who want to take pictures..

take your car somewhere that it isn't surrounded by things that are grey, like the sky or the road. Should get some better pics.

(NB - if you are AE, this also excludes red brick houses)

p.s - Neil maybe you could sell AE some cobbles...

Quick Reply: OMG!........I've been Zaino'd!