UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

The old "indicate and move at the same time" ploy

Old 04-21-2006, 12:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm getting mine back today (thank ****, this Fiesta's doing my nut in). Anyone got any brief pointers on what to look for in terms of quality of work? Wing, bumper, headlamp and wheel arch lining have been replaced and apparently they even rolled a dent out of the passenger door too, which was nice
Old 04-21-2006, 01:23 AM

Usual stuff - equal gaps, over spray, runs in the paint.

and burn the fiesta
Old 04-21-2006, 02:19 AM

Sent it back

Bodywork is fine but...

Polish ingrained into the hood all around the passenger window and spotting all OVER the hood itself. I hope to god that's polish as well and not paint spray but I've no idea how that could happen when polishing. Brand new hood as well.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:55 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

They've probably machine polished it and if they put too much on the bodywork and then drop the mop on top and turn it on, it can spray droplets of polish all over the car.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:57 AM

I'm astounded they even sent it back to me like that

I'm hoping the distance from them to me is long enough for it to dry after they pressure wash it so I can see it dry. Should be.

One of the reasons I was so glad to see the wear on my old one (and thus be eligible for a warranty replacement) was because I'd been a bit careless with the polish on the windscreen surround at the top. I couldn't shift the polish from the material at all, even after 6 months of cleaning about once a month.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:59 AM

What a pain, if it's just polish I'm sure it will come off fairly easily

Edit: Just seen the pics, I can't believe they gave it back to you like that, very poor.

PS I'm in a Nissan Micra automatic at the moment (gold, with beige interior ), it's easily the slowest car I've ever driven! If I floor it, it drops 2 gears and makes lots of noise but the speed doesn't change.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:10 AM

Does anyone know if the holes at the very very bottom inside of an 03 bumper (in the corner in front of each wheel) should have anything in them or if they're just there to take the optional front lip.

Secondly, mikey's grills were still on the car Is there any easy way for me to tell if that bumper's just been filled and repaired rather than replaced? The underside at the front is smooth where there was scuffing from getting a kerb height wrong once but that could easily have been sanded and repainted.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:12 AM

And here's your car sir, we've taken the liberty of giving you a polka dot roof - hope you don't mind.

Oh you do - oh damn.

At least the rest of the car is sorted now, Graham.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:13 AM

Just got it back again...and again I've sent it back.

/sigh.

Still polish residue in places on the hood

What's a bit worrying is that the bodyshop guy phoned me to ask why I was sending it back about 5 minutes after the pickup chap drove off in my car

Bodyshop director "Must have been something splashed off the road"

Me "The bodywork was clean and there was spotting on ALL sides of the roof"

Bodyshop director "Oh...err..ok...but we've been repairing Hondas for 20 years! Thousands of S2000s! I admit the polish around the window would have been us, but not the other stuff" (I kid you not, he said thousands - I know Carper's list is extensive but that's taking the piss).

Looks like I won't get it back till Monday now

Still, Honda UK have it logged as a possible issue and haev been helpful in advising me
Old 04-21-2006, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by grahamb,Apr 21 2006, 01:10 PM
Does anyone know if the holes at the very very bottom inside of an 03 bumper (in the corner in front of each wheel) should have anything in them or if they're just there to take the optional front lip.
There is 1 screw in each of the front wheel arches but they're about half way up where the bumper meets the wing.

Could it be where the aero-mudflap things go?

Quick Reply: The old "indicate and move at the same time" ploy