UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Oh, what to do...what to do.....

Old 09-09-2004, 02:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh, what to do...what to do.....

Right, here's the scoop. I MAY need an alternative vehicle. Maybe. Don't think finances will stretch to two cars, but I think a pick-up is a good idea and I need something new and reliable and really swanky if I have to part with the S. Honda don't do pick-ups anymore (do they?) so I may need to look at Nissan (the Rally Raid is really neat) or Mitsubishi (L200 Warrior).

In all honesty, I can't see a dealer offering me
Old 09-09-2004, 03:06 AM

yours is about the same age as mine with less miles, so Id stick it up for
Old 09-09-2004, 03:08 AM

Graham, I wouldn't worry too much about trying to p/x it with a dealer other than Honda - if they want to sell their car badly enough, they'll do a deal. From what I understand, it's quite common for them to have "arrangement" with other dealers to shift on cars of the other dealer's marque.

Do Hyndland have other marques within their group? Or is just a one garage Honda outfit? If they do, that might give you some flexibility. If not, they still might offer you a price on the RoadieMobile, especially given your links with the staff there?

Parkers says around
Old 09-09-2004, 03:14 AM

Hmm... Hyndland do have a Mazda dealership but only until the end of the month. The mazda pickup is crap.

I also think that Hyndland may even try to help sell the car for me but I just don't know. They've been pretty good lately.

I'm gonna call Mitsu and Nissan and see what the situation may be.

I really don't want to have to see the S go, particularly with you lot coming up again next year (!) but it's a case of practicality and so on. Mark, you know the score!

Thanks for the advice so far
Old 09-09-2004, 03:20 AM

Graham

I can't see a non-honda dealer offering more than
Old 09-09-2004, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Turner,Sep 9 2004, 11:08 AM
(When I p/x-ed my 02 which was 18 months old with 30K miles, the dealer told me that the S2000 is a particularly mileage-sensitive model when it comes to used prices, mainly because so many of the ones they take in p/x have been weekend toys and so are low mileage that it's harder to shift anything which has done more than the average 10-12K per year.)
As a buyer not too long ago I agree with this, I didn't consider any 02 cars that had more than 20,000 miles, there was so many low milers around for only slightly more/ the same money that there was just no need to. Mine had 12k on it.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:42 AM

Nissan in Ayr will do a deal for the Rally Raid Pick-Up

(rrp
Old 09-09-2004, 04:23 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Graham, the Rally Raid (also in Red) is what we fancy. We've found Niaasan very keen to do a deal, even to the point of being very competitive with the extra's we want. The only problem is that they are so popular, every time we get a test drive scheduled, they sell it before we get to see it!
Old 09-09-2004, 04:50 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

road kill,

I thought yours was Imola Orange (ish) especially around the wheel arches

RE the
Old 09-09-2004, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by RichUK,Sep 9 2004, 01:23 PM
Graham, the Rally Raid (also in Red) is what we fancy. We've found Niaasan very keen to do a deal, even to the point of being very competitive with the extra's we want. The only problem is that they are so popular, every time we get a test drive scheduled, they sell it before we get to see it!
Interesting and encouraging to hear that I've picked a good choice then! Parks, in Ayr, have several of each colour they said. Maybe should you mosey on up, Rich?!

Paul, I had the orange removed professionally My car is now in great condition! Thanks for the advice though! Good luck with Lotto!

Quick Reply: Oh, what to do...what to do.....