UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

OH....MY......GOD!

Old 08-09-2010, 12:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi

Sold my S2000 last year but keep an eye on the forum. I had the Invidia dual on my car for probably 18 months in total. I took it off when I was preparing to sell the car but was a bit gutted to take it off as afterwards the engine/noise was so quiet and dull by comparison.

I bought mine brand new but also with the Invidia decat. I remember it being very boomy/drony when it first went on, I won't pretend that it will go away - it never does but I can definetly say that it did 'bed in' and improve. I also regularly used the bungs. I used to drive a lot between Torquay and London and would start without the bungs and then once I got fed up I'd stick them in. Especially for the motorway sections.

I would also add that I'd fitted a decent sound system to my car (before the exhaust) and as part of this I'd attempted to sound-deaden the boot area so this probably helped. Once on the motorway with the bungs in the car was very acceptable.

So I suggest sticking with it, have the bungs and tools with you on longer trips, consider the de-cat (I have heard it doesn't make much difference - I can't really comment as I always had it) and sound deaden the boot.

You'll soon learn to love it........... ! Good luck.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:43 AM

Hey, thanks for all the replies guys! It is indeed the dual system Don't get me wrong, I love the sound it gives off outside. Just a shame about the boooooom inside. It didn't bother me as much today just going to work and back, which the most miles are done per week. I drive it a bit different to keep out of the maximum boom range, so it is possible that this style of driving will become second nature if adopted for long enough. And then it still sounds gorgeous when giving it a foot full RAB2000 - I too have almost finished fitting a sound system to get a better sound, but the exhaust does kill the bass bottom end of things. That said, I haven't sound deadened any of the boot or where the spare wheel used to be. I could "quite" easily remove everything from the boot to sound deaden there, but the Amp is fitted where the spare used to be, and that aint going anywhere.....fitted that part too well, in light of the new exhaust. I'll give the bungs a go and as you say, keep them in the car somewhere so I can fit them if it ever gets tooooo much.
Another road I've thought of (if it gets too much on a regular basis), is getting a different center section made up. Or even have a bit welded onto the old standard one to mate up with the rear section. Only problem is of course, this option would also alter the sound of the exhaust.....and the sound is why I bought it. So sound deadening and bungs I'm thinking are the clear winners. The decat sounds like a bit of a waste of time and money I think.

Chad.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:03 AM

chad where did you get the invidia exhaust from and how much did it cost ya? i'm keen on bleeding ears