UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Oh Dear

Old 10-22-2004, 02:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Soph says as well.....she will PM you later on....
Old 10-22-2004, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by Nick Graves,Oct 22 2004, 11:03 AM
Sorry to hear it.

Best to replace tyres in fours.

Hope it gets sorted ok.
good point - hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing as I actually did buy all 4 tyres and have rears in my garage waiting to be fitted, but I didn't thinik it was worth it as I was putting on the F1s any day New fronts had to go on as they were too badly worn and had to have some fitted for MM1!

Will post pics when I turn the car around in the garage (back end in at the moment to hide my shame and stop me from whingeing) and can get a view of the damage.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:00 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully you won't be hire car hell for too long.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:24 AM

Gutted for you. At the end of the day, you are ok and that is what insurance is for. And just think of the fantasic contrast once you return the loaner after a month. Getting back into the S will be like the first time again.

And take comfort from the fact that sharing your story helps remind us all to take care.

I reckon because of the streams of water being patchy it means that the car regains grip as soon as it is through it so any steering input or overcorrection is suddenly exaggerated causing the car to tankslap the other way. Not sure how to avoid that because I guess that if you hadn't have made the first correction the FRONT of the car would have gone into the wall??

Must keep reminding myself to go slow and steady in the wet.
Old 10-22-2004, 05:01 AM

Sorry to hear about this.

Hope you get it sorted soon. In standing/small rivers it can be very unpredictable. Sam almost had an end to end swap on the motorway in a rainstorm and that was just changing lanes.

Then to add insult to injury a smiling TT driver waved as he drove past!

Hope it gets sorted soon.

Edd
Old 10-22-2004, 07:12 AM
Banned

bummer,
Old 10-22-2004, 07:41 AM

Oddly enough me and Blurter were discussing this very point with the lsd, last weekend. if one wheel starts spinning it hauls you off the road

Bad luck, thats 2 in the last week, (Vince was alluding to his extravaganza last week)

End of the day though it's only a car, and you're ok. It'll be sorted before you know it
Old 10-22-2004, 08:59 AM
Banned

Sorry to hear about your bump mate, this weather sucks with no electronic gizmos. It hurts more when you wrap a car because you so closely associate it with yourself.

The one thing I fear on the car is the LSD, it seems like it's got a mind of its own sometimes. In the wet I always respect the car, and enter coreners at a safe speed/angle of attack, but sometimes the LSD will have you sideways at 20mph if you're not careful!

I find the LSD is at its most murderous when one wheel is either lifted or has little weight on it. Whilst this is perfectly normal to your senses, and you are driving accordingly, the LSD is doing its job and forcing the unused momentum to the gripping wheel, normally steering you into places you don't want to go.

Be careful out there peeps...
Old 10-22-2004, 09:08 AM

Sorry to hear about the bump MB, it's gutting I know. There's nothing I can say that others haven't already except to reiterate that this is a reminder to us that wet nasty conditions on the roads can be murderous to an S... Good luck getting it sorted, it'll be back before you know it.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Sorry to hear this Brian

Hope the car is better soon

Quick Reply: Oh Dear