UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Oh Damn!! I don't believe this!!

Old 03-02-2003, 07:04 AM
R33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cover the walls of the garage in carpet to protect the doors while you are doing you rubber man trick.
Old 03-02-2003, 07:38 AM

Originally posted by cheshire_carper

I wanted to punch the guy that did this to his car,
OK time to get real... IT'S A CAR!

Anyway the garage is reserved for my other baby, which is much more susceptible to weather damage
Old 03-02-2003, 08:27 AM

Originally posted by cheshire_carper
Graham
Tip for the future.

1. Open up tailgate on Mits.
2. Back garage into Mits.
3. Close tailgate.

Use the beast AS the garage. It would be easier.
Old 03-02-2003, 08:31 AM

I dont have pictures but when our baby was three weeks old the wife who uses the car every day (weekdays) clipped the front passenger wing on the garage side, (much grief)
Old 03-02-2003, 08:51 AM

Originally posted by Blurter

My garage to is pretty tight, but my 200SX went in ok, and I could get out of it!
You'll be fine - the S2000 is about the same width and quite a bit shorter than the 200SX, so I find it easier to park in the garage. It is harder to get out of though due to the lower driving position etc.

I'm also worried though - just bought a brand new house - are all modern garages this small? Think it's time to go for a test fitting!
Old 03-02-2003, 10:35 AM

Thanks everyone for some great advice, just a quick update. Tonight I tried driving the car in forwards and actually found it alot easier to see. Although I reckon I could still join a circus when getting out with what I do with my legs ). A bit of carpet on the wall will help alot and so I will do that.

I have to say I took the car out for a real long drive today with the roof down and this afternoon the engine was starting to sing just a bit more, oh that noise!! I was also driving a little more enthusiaistically and I think I went into motoring nirvana...........if anyone is thinking about buying this car and is a little unsure then I want you to know that I was very nervous about some of the things I'd read but this car is just simply unbelievable Just get one!!! The funny thing is I think the car's fast and I've not gone above 4000 RPM in any gear......

I think I will surely be amazed when I hit the VTEC zone for the first time.............

I don't care what journos, turboheads, max power think of my car........as far as I am concerned the car's got a real soul, pure driving pleasure and I know that if things are pissing me off I can get into that front seat and drive. The rest of the world can go and figure!

Old 03-02-2003, 10:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've not gone above 4000 RPM in any gear
I said it was fast when I first had it at those rev ranges. Be prepared for a 6.5k boost. Its RELENTLESS.

Its an engine that just doesn`t quit.
Old 03-02-2003, 10:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by graybloke
[B]

OK time to get real... IT'S A CAR!

Anyway the garage is reserved for my other baby, which is much more susceptible to weather damage
Old 03-02-2003, 10:49 AM

Originally posted by graybloke
Is it me or does she look like she's grinning in that pic? No, i'm not crazy, I also think MarkTs car winks at us
Old 03-02-2003, 11:13 AM

Sound a bit extreme but I have heard of people screwing a strip of wood to the garage floor such that when the car is about as close to the offside wall as you dare, the wood is hard on the outside of the tyres. It needs to be 30 or so mm high and run the length of the garage. You can then "feel" how far to move over before you hear it!

Combine this with a tennis ball on string, the bedhead, the carpet on the wall, the handle on the wall, and the getting in and out slippers, and the neighbours will talk. Plus, of course, you will keep tripping over the wood and banging your head on the tennis ball when getting the lawnmower out.

BTW - when attaching carpet to garage walls as a protector have people found Axminster or Wilton to be more suitable?

Quick Reply: Oh Damn!! I don't believe this!!