UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Off to Europe again.

Old 07-01-2006, 02:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back from holiday and it is good to be back to hot weather. We lazed around the pool in Tuscany and visited a few towns and a vineyard too. Plenty of wine was brought back and I can't wait to start on them. A few select bottles will remain for 5 and others for 10 years before I enjoy them but who knows if I will be able to resist that long.

The rest of the trip was uneventful except for two issues. Going around a bend in Tuscany I saw a car over the middle divider and swerved to avoid the other car but she still managed to hit my door mirror pretty hard. I think it will need a respray but it will have to wait. People in their 90s should be a little more careful and slowdown if they can't drive.

On the second to last day my rear brake pad started a godawful noise but there was still 2mm left. I wish I had changed them before leaving and not trusted the opinions of professionals that they would last. After the right pad stopped making the noise the left started and has lasted ever since. On the way north from Italy towards Basel the motorway was closed and with squealing brakes I had no choice but drive across Sustenpass to get to Interlaken. I managed to do the whole pass by only braking 6 times. Oh the fun. Sustenpass and not being able to attack it was disheartening.

Apart from these two issues and the kerbed alloys I had no other issues with the car and it is sad to be back home so soon. Thanks to all who read the thread and kept up with our journey. I have over 500 pics to sort through, discard the crap and send a select few for processing.