UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Off to Europe again.

Old 05-29-2006, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off to Europe again.

Since we both have been drinking over the long weekend I thought it was time to let you all know our plans for our holiday in June.

We were thinking about Mauritius but I can't stand still for two weeks and Italy is our destination instead.

We leave for Metz for an overnight stay in comfortable but not luxurious surroundings. The next day will see us through France and on to Lucerne and towards Gothard for a night stay. The next 5 nights will be spent on Lake Como and all the lovely spas and roads near it. From here we are then travelling down to Tuscany and staying at a villa for one week. On our return journey we stop at Laucern and then Epernay.

Back to the UK the following day. Our trip is over 17 days and full of nice roads, sun and good wine. Pics to follow. Any suggestions for the route or places we shouldn't miss?
Old 05-29-2006, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by rahula,May 29 2006, 11:42 PM
We were thinking about becoming Morticians but I can't stand the smell of the dead for two weeks and so Italy is our destination instead.

We leave for Metz for an overnight stay in comfortable but not luxurious surroundings cos I'm a tight ar$e. ....... The next 5 nights will be spent listening to Perry Como and all the lovely spacktards know it.

Back to the UK the following day. Our trip is over 17 days and full back, sack and crack will be performed whilst travelling. Loads of pics to follow. Any suggestions for the routine or places we shouldn't miss?
Thanks for sharing
Old 05-29-2006, 02:57 PM

I knew you were coming along spectard!

Tell your misses the birthday party is off please (because she hasn't confirmed yet).

Don't cum over soon, remember what she said last time.
Old 05-29-2006, 03:02 PM

Try and find a bar with the locals when their team are playing in the World Cup. It's great fun, especially when they win.

Sounds a top trip by the way.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rahula,May 29 2006, 10:42 PM
Since we both have been drinking over the long weekend I thought it was time to let you all know our plans for our holiday in June.

We were thinking about Mauritius but I can't stand still for two weeks and Italy is our destination instead.

We leave for Metz for an overnight stay in comfortable but not luxurious surroundings. The next day will see us through France and on to Lucerne and towards Gothard for a night stay. The next 5 nights will be spent on Lake Como and all the lovely spas and roads near it. From here we are then travelling down to Tuscany and staying at a villa for one week. On our return journey we stop at Laucern and then Epernay.

Back to the UK the following day. Our trip is over 17 days and full of nice roads, sun and good wine. Pics to follow. Any suggestions for the route or places we shouldn't miss?
Well all the passes will be open so you can avoid the St Gotthard tunnel. If you want to stay around Andermatt this is the hotel we're using for the bike trip in July:

http://www.hotel-bergidyll.ch/

You can take in the Vosges mountains on the way down (South of Metz, North of Belfort) as well as some Alpine passes. I think you've got the link to the Alpine sites but in case you haven't here they are again:

http://www.alpineroads.com/

http://www.motorbike-pals.com/

http://www.ott.igs.net/~ace/
Old 05-29-2006, 10:18 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by rahula,May 29 2006, 10:42 PM

sounds like a really nice trip

I would love to do something similar but my left foot brake would be a nightmare on those roads and I'm sure I would get fed up with constant dawdling, not to mention the time it would take to get anywhere

still, could always fly/drive, which would sort out all sorts of issues

are you taking the S or the beemer?

Old 05-29-2006, 10:36 PM

Where are you staying on Lake Como?

There is a great little village called Varenna which has a fantastic restaurant in a hotel called Villa Cipressi (http://www.hotelvillacipressi.it/eng/hotel.htm). The food and wine are superb, and to top it all you sit outside in a beautiful garden with stunning views over the lake and to the mountains beyond.

Even if you are not staying in Varenna, I would recommend catching the regular ferry accross and spending the night there.

One tip for Epernay is to get your timing right. All of the big Champagne houses close to tourists over lunch time. We arrived at 11:30 and they closed from 12:00 to 2:30. We could not be arsed to wait all that time, so ended up going to one of the less prestigous houses instead.

Other than that, I'll be looking for some tips from yourself when you get back. We make our trip to Elba and back at the end of July.

Enjoy!

Nick
Old 05-29-2006, 11:20 PM

Bum is the BBQ really off??
Old 05-30-2006, 01:03 AM

Watch out for the Italian speed cameras mate
Old 05-30-2006, 01:06 AM

And the 110 kph radar traps on the french autoroutes *cough*

Quick Reply: Off to Europe again.