UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Oerr.....NSX Type R

Old 07-16-2002, 02:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the Footsie keeps performing like it is that NSX is starting to look tempting. Stuff being sensible!
Old 07-16-2002, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson
If the Footsie keeps performing like it is that NSX is starting to look tempting. Stuff being sensible!
I wrestled with my conscience 3 months or so back before finally deciding to cash in an ISA which tracked the FTSE 100 to buy the car.

Right at the moment, having the S2000 in my garage is looking like a hell of a better proposition than having seen the value of the ISA plummet by nearly 30%, if I'd left it where it was!
Old 07-16-2002, 03:02 PM

You had an ISA worth
Old 07-16-2002, 03:06 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PWE 896
[B]You had an ISA worth
Old 07-16-2002, 11:16 PM

We have a Branch Agency with the Nationwide (we have one of their computer terminals in reception etc) - we find them pretty good really.
Old 07-17-2002, 02:15 AM

Originally posted by PWE 896
What colour was it? Did it have a big exhausts and big wheels? Was it Magic Fingaz car? Has he sold out on us? Where's he gone? Has anyone seen any posts from him since the SuperMeet?

So many questions.... so few answers?
I must admit I really liked Fingaz' car - the DVD / SatNav install especially.
Was tempted to get one done but a colleague with a Freelander ended up paying a lot and hardly using it.
Old 07-17-2002, 10:15 PM

Here's a link to Autoexpress's review of the NSX-R

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/?previews/pre...ry.php?id=28413
Old 07-18-2002, 01:06 AM

The NSX is a genuine 'Supercar'... it always has been, yet it's never really received the critical acclaim it deserves from the motoring press, who fall to their knees in worship of anything Bavarian or Italian which is floated across their field of view. I do wonder about all this Ferrari worship, to take one marque as an example. Sure it's a glamorous marque steeped in all that racing history. Buy a 355 though and they tell you when you buy it that the the engine has to come out at 3 years regardless of mileage and have major parts replaced at a cost of thousands. Like anything Italian, they're things of beauty with great flare wonderful shapes and flowing lines. They seem to loose interest though bless 'em, once they've got all the nice bits done, with quirky bits of interior trim that come off in your hand and look like they've come out of the old British Leyand parts bin.

No justice at all here that I can see. Here's Honda yet again giving you a beautiful vehicle with supercar performance and the reliability of a Civic, at least in comparison to some of the exotic alternatives, at a fraction of the price. The NSX is probably the one car that I would seriously covet over the S2000. Too rich for my blood though in this lifetime!

I must say I'm not all that keen on the cosmetic re-hashing of the exterior in this version, although the performance of the Type R sounds glorious. The 2004 version which will be totally different and no longer hand built, may even be within reach of some us at a pinch. One of the staff at my Honda dealers who is normally quite clued up, has even heard rumours of a V10 engine with very small pots. Make of that what you will with all the other rumors abounding.

Actually Honda could teach MI6 a thing or two about who needs to know what.
Old 07-18-2002, 01:29 AM

Received 241 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally posted by PWE 896
We have a Branch Agency with the Nationwide (we have one of their computer terminals in reception etc) - we find them pretty good really.
Pete,

I'm looking for a mortgage soon maybe so maybe you could do the IFA bit for me? Nationwide are on my list but there are some peculiarities in my case (surprise). BTW love the piccies advertising SuperMeet2

Rog
Old 07-18-2002, 04:50 AM

looks like I am going to have to get a little present for my dealer to persuade him to organise a test drive for me..

Quick Reply: Oerr.....NSX Type R