UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Odd bits!

Old 04-18-2004, 02:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd bits!

My Dad bought his S2k a few weeks back and every weekend since we've been getting to grips with bits and pieces. Lot of useful info picked up from this site and very much appreciated. I'm makingsure he does everything right as I may buy it off him later.

Anyway with the car (bought new from Motorpoint) we had a plastic bag with 4 plastic mouldings which we don't know where they go. One guess is that they are mud flaps of some sort but we think they were in with the tonneau cover - any thoughts?

Also tried to convince Dad to remove the airbox out of curiosity, very reluctant but may do later, other than a small loss in power can any damage be done with running car without the box?

Cheers
Old 04-18-2004, 02:57 AM

Originally posted by RAB2000
Also tried to convince Dad to remove the airbox out of curiosity, very reluctant but may do later, other than a small loss in power can any damage be done with running car without the box?
Cheers
Just remove the airbox lid by undoing the clips. The only damage will be to your ears
Old 04-18-2004, 03:03 AM

And it'll whine at tick over and make your car slower

If he likes the noise there's plenty of better intake options.

Check the Tech faq.

welcome BTW
Old 04-18-2004, 04:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RAB2000
Old 04-18-2004, 04:16 AM

Are they the little 'skirts' that attach in front of each wheel? About 200mm by 75mm black plastic - with a couple of screw holes? Front are 'T' shaped in section - rear 'L' shaped?

Look at the car - does it have a little skirt attached just at the bottom of the inner wheel arch in front of each wheel?
Old 04-18-2004, 04:34 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Pics would help
Old 04-18-2004, 04:43 AM

Sounds as though they are what you are talking about, no digi camera at the moment but should be able to get a photo on tomorrow. Cheers!
Old 04-18-2004, 10:01 AM

http://hondas2000oddbits.20m.com/photo.html

See if the above web page works! Sorry photos are so big. There's 3 pics on there.

Cheers
Old 04-18-2004, 10:18 AM

Yep they are the skirts for the front wheel arches.
They must normally be dealer fit then.....
Old 04-18-2004, 10:35 AM

Do I win a prize?

Did you get the bolts and clips that you need to attach them? Not had reason to look at the rear ones but the front ones clip my garage floor. There are two clips for each side which slide into a specially shaped hole in the plastic underskirt. Each clip holds a captive nut, and the trims simply bolt on. The wall of the skirt becomes a downward extension of the front wheel arch liners, and of the rear wheel arch - which have no liners. I suspect there are bolt holes already in place for the rear ones - though I cannot remember what they would be bolting into.

I am told these help reduce aquaplaning - though how is a mystery!

The front ones clip even small obstructions such as you get at the tops of ramps (like my garage) so I suspect they are deliberately not fitted to avoid damage in transit. May have similar problems with the rears - I am thnking about car transporters for example.

If they are missing from yours I wonder how many other people have not got them?

Quick Reply: Odd bits!