UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Not getting the s2000 any more

Old 11-29-2004, 03:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gaddafi,Nov 29 2004, 12:12 PM
troll

don't indulge him
How d'you spot that Gad?

I hope he's not - some people have already given up their time to offer considered responses

(*mouse pointer poised over the flame/angry emoticons*)
Old 11-29-2004, 03:16 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i had a mr2 turbo prior to the s2k and was active on a couple of mr2 forums. there were similar levels of accidents on those forums too, as there also seem to be on the mx5 forum i subscribed to for a while (my girlfriend has one). any sports car will bite if provoked, particularly a powerful rear drive car.

i use my s2k as a daily driver with the standard s02's and have found it far more stable than my mr2. i have a trackday on saturday at donnington park with the mr2 club and expect it to out perform all of those too.

don't panic just because there have been a few crashes recently. the s2k is a fantastic car and if you drive at sensible speeds in the wet you will have no problems at all.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by gaddafi,Nov 29 2004, 12:12 PM
troll

don't indulge him
That's a bit unfair, Pete - we don't know that and I don't think we can automatically assume the worst of people. It doesn't present a particularly welcoming front to newbies if they are accused of trolling for raising what is on the face of it a legitimate question, does it?

Suspend your natural cynicism and give the guy the benefit of the doubt, eh?
Old 11-29-2004, 03:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Another big plus point (all this talk of "expensive to run cars" brings to mind) is that the S2000 has Honda reliability and budget car servicing and running costs (my last service cost under
Old 11-29-2004, 03:26 AM
usy

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

The one point i have heard is that when driving these cars, you need to be concentrating on the road and the behaviour of the car at all times, is this true?

It must be quite a stressful drive then, how do you manage to relax when driving? If you do relax, are you likely to crash?

also, i would be using the car most days, but will keep the rex (crx) for when the weather turns nasty.

evo's are a lot of maintenace, nearly everyone i hae spoken to has said this.

how often are services on the s2000? and what does mr honda charge?

also, if i did buy one i would keep it bog standard, is this the safest setup to have?
alloys, exhaust etc just scare me, i dont want to unbalance the car.

another question, when driving these cars what does the size feel like??
do they feel large and difficult to manouvre, or do they feel compact and small like a crx which i feel i have full control on?? might be a little hard to explain what i mean with this question.

its still 50/50 ......
Old 11-29-2004, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Lawnmower,Nov 29 2004, 01:10 PM
...at first I thought it was too small - the cabin crampt
Thats just it!!

One would expect space in a 'cabin', but the great thing about the S is that it has be designed as a 'cockpit'. The space is functional and everything close to hand.

If you want space by a Jagwaaar!
Old 11-29-2004, 03:31 AM
usy

no i like a car that feels tight and compact, with easy visibility of the road and all around you, probably like the s2k!
Old 11-29-2004, 03:31 AM

Wanna go fast all the time whatever the conditions?..........buy the Evo!

If your driving skill is not up to it yes buy the Evo! It will obviously suit you! ;-)

Learn to drive a very rewarding car properly??!! ..........buy the S.

Want something that needs skillful driver input?..............buy the S.

Strangely enough they don't just Jump off the road!!! They do need some driver imput!!

If you look at accident posts on here most people admit that it could be their fault or fault of other factors such as tyres, standing water, overzealous acceleration for the conditions, ice etc etc and most people also admit they could or maybe should have done something about it before the accident.

Take away these factors and would the car jump off the road???!!........................I think not!

Edd
Old 11-29-2004, 03:32 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Turner,Nov 29 2004, 12:18 PM
That's a bit unfair, Pete - we don't know that and I don't think we can automatically assume the worst of people. It doesn't present a particularly welcoming front to newbies if they are accused of trolling for raising what is on the face of it a legitimate question, does it?

Suspend your natural cynicism and give the guy the benefit of the doubt, eh?
50:50 now..........

OK.

Let's see what happens.

I don't automatically assume the worst BUT

It would be interesting to see one I've got wrong:

JJblade
BenR
G-man?

And you'll find plenty of evidence of me welcoming newbies, if you care to look.

Old 11-29-2004, 03:34 AM

Usy, Usy, Usy......................................

Your last post tells me that you probably haven't even sat in an S, let alone driven one!!!

Go do your research, get a test drive, by that I mean a good half day without the Stealer in the seat next to you. Make your decesion based on gathered facts and experience.

The S is as cheap as chips to run and service, aside Insurance but thats coz it's group 20 (and people keep slamming them into trees )

I concentrate fully on the road when I drive the S, constantly on the prowl for change in surfaces, adverse cambers, diesil spills, man-hole covers, grannies with shopping, kids, ice cream vans...................................

YOU SHOULD ALWAYS BE CONCENTRATING WHEN DRIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

G

G buy one, you won't regret it.

Quick Reply: Not getting the s2000 any more