UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

A noob enjoying his S

Old 09-13-2014, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A noob enjoying his S

So, I've just come back from my old dears, a journey which was always so very dull in my Golf. It consists of a nice A road, then about 10 miles of winding B roads with the occasional pothole to dodge.

Today was my second trip there since owning my S2000, the first of which I took steady as I was new to the car. Today, though, I gave it hell and it f-ing loved it. Still not sure when I'll wipe this smile off my face, but I can see why so many people hold these cars in high regard.

It does, however, make me want to raise a question to the forum...

What was the journey you undertook in your S for the first time that really put a smile on your face? Also, when was the last one?

Cheers

Craig
Old 09-13-2014, 08:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Youll have many more journeys like that with an s2000 mate!

For me the first drive was driving it home, it was some 300 miles and my first time owning a RWD and convertible, great fun. The most recent was about 10 minutes ago! Went for a nice afternoon blast around the "burnham bends" local to me.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:33 AM

I'm based down south and flew from Southampton to Edinburgh to get mine and drove back, in particular Carlisle via A-roads & B-roads really put a smile on my face! Especially hitting Vtec Certainly grew on me after the 7 hour drive!
Old 09-13-2014, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by s2tommi
Youll have many more journeys like that with an s2000 mate!

For me the first drive was driving it home, it was some 300 miles and my first time owning a RWD and convertible, great fun. The most recent was about 10 minutes ago! Went for a nice afternoon blast around the "burnham bends" local to me.

Originally Posted by Anfrax666
I'm based down south and flew from Southampton to Edinburgh to get mine and drove back, in particular Carlisle via A-roads & B-roads really put a smile on my face! Especially hitting Vtec Certainly grew on me after the 7 hour drive!
I certainly think I'll be having more

Some big trips there for both of you, good to know that it's as fun long haul as it is blasting around doing short runs. I notice I'm not using 6th so much now I've settled into it, was blasting around in 3rd and 4th earlier and it is just so much fun lol
Old 09-13-2014, 10:01 AM

The last journey that really flicked my switches was about a month ago. I live in Milton Keynes and it is bordered by some nice countryside.
I went out on a night drive from Stony Stratford to Wing, which isn't a massive distance but it was a crystal clear night and a full moon in the sky. Obviously had to have the roof down!. Heaters on keeping everything warm and of course good music for the sound track. The roads were dead and new to me so the S got to stretch it's legs. Great fun.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Ratman
The last journey that really flicked my switches was about a month ago. I live in Milton Keynes and it is bordered by some nice countryside.
I went out on a night drive from Stony Stratford to Wing, which isn't a massive distance but it was a crystal clear night and a full moon in the sky. Obviously had to have the roof down!. Heaters on keeping everything warm and of course good music for the sound track. The roads were dead and new to me so the S got to stretch it's legs. Great fun.
Sounds brilliant :-)

I'm going to assume Honda made the heaters so good purely for top down driving in colder weather lol.

By the way, immaculate S in your picture mate, gorgeous.
Old 09-13-2014, 01:20 PM
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

From just over 10 years ago: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/207603-new-arrival/

I'm now a far better driver than I was then which has only increased the enjoyment.
Old 09-13-2014, 02:04 PM

everytime i get in the car i enjoy myself whether its 5miles or 50miles!!

when i bought the car i drove it home 130miles and had a massive grin on my face that i honestly could not wipe off haha

one of my favourites for me is a little A-road around 10miles away, full of sweeping S-bends...also runs past 2 reserviours and a cliff top where hang-gliders go on nice days...cant beat it...may take a video one time and upload it here!
Old 09-13-2014, 02:21 PM

Sounds awesome guys. I use mine as a daily too, doing about 45 miles a day, but to be honest I wouldn't want to do it in anything else after owning this :-)

Anyone taken to the A4067 through the Brecon Beacons? That will soon be a weekly detour of mine.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not long after getting mine I did a meet/drive thing on here called the 'Druid Run'. Following other seasonedguys in S2000s taught me a lot about the car and after recently coming from FWD Hondas it gave me a lot more confidence in the car.

I do 50 miles a day on b roads in mine for my daily commute. If I don't get a reasonable amount of vtec on my route home I always have to go the long way round lol.

Mine is faaaar too loud though, my ears are always ringing.

Quick Reply: A noob enjoying his S