UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

No front wing

Old 02-25-2013, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No front wing

Morning folks. Had a bit of a bump yesterday and have fooked my n/s/f wing up and scratched my bumper something good.
Does anyone have a pic of the car without the wing and bumper on so I can have a look at what may be bent underneath?
(The headlight angle is a bit skewed, so wondering what would hold it on, you see). Thankfully the light is fine though.

So annoying as my renewal is coming up too!!
Old 02-25-2013, 12:27 AM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

I've had my wing inner liner out and there are two brackets under there, one that holds the wing/headlight unit (part 2+4 in this digram) and the other that the bumper clips into that runs under the headlight (11+12 in the diag) - both are ~£20 new. Hopefully you haven't bust any of the headlight casing where it mounts to the brackets.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:38 AM

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

This might help mate:

Apologies if not!
Old 02-25-2013, 12:45 AM

Thanks guys - so by the looks of it, the headlight basically floats in the structure of the car, correct? So those brackets and the wing took the force of it. (Was only a glancing blow, thankfully).

What do those brackets attach too?
Old 02-25-2013, 01:15 AM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

The triangular bracket bolts to the side of the chassis "tub" - the "eye liner" bracket attaches to the headlight and also to the triangular one. You've probably just bent the tip of triangular one where it bolts to the other one (you can just about see the joining bolt next to the brake disc).

The headlight has three (or four?) places it screws to the brackets but hopefully you've got away without breaking the mounts off.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:28 AM
jsh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BenRNBP
The triangular bracket bolts to the side of the chassis "tub" - the "eye liner" bracket attaches to the headlight and also to the triangular one. You've probably just bent the tip of triangular one where it bolts to the other one (you can just about see the joining bolt next to the brake disc).

The headlight has three (or four?) places it screws to the brackets but hopefully you've got away without breaking the mounts off.
I hope I'm wrong but the plastic headlamp bracket's are unlikely to survive an impact over the metal mounting's .

The headlamp is held in by 2 bolt's on the inner wing , 1 bolt on the outer wing area and 1 bolt under neath .
Old 02-25-2013, 01:39 AM

The headlight definitely isn't loose, if that helps?
It looks like the bumper bent under the impact, and the wing took the impact rather than the light. (No visible damage to it from the front).
I'm hoping that the wing bending, and the eyeliner has just pulled the light out of shape.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:51 AM
jsh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's the 2 inner bracket's that bolt too the inner wing that are weakest as their about an inch too an inch and a half long .

It's a bumper off job too assess the damage which is relatively straight forward .

My NSF headlight , that do's have broken bracket's , is a continual thorn in my side as I refuse to pay the £500/£600 for a new one !
Old 02-25-2013, 05:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Are they really that much?! I have both brackets you're after in silverstone (not that it matters as you won't see them), drop me a PM and we can sort something out
Old 02-25-2013, 05:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought that price was steep...

Its part no 11/12 on the first link here

Headlight Bracket - Upper

Then part no 2/4 on this link

Headlight Bracket - Lower

About £44 in total before shipping. Just realised its the O/S/F I have though I'm afraid

EDIT: Also read JSH's post in a hurry...obviously its the headlight for £500 without ballast!

Quick Reply: No front wing