UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

NO !, dont do it...

Old 07-27-2003, 03:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NO !, dont do it...

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?...threadid=233529
Old 07-27-2003, 05:47 AM

Nah, let him do it. If he/she is not confident and drive too fast/don't respec the S then they are gonna crash and put my insurance premium up next year

Sheer stupidity from this person in my mind and doesn't deserve to be driving the car. Ie buy a car without doing proper research on it, then realise you can't drive it
Old 07-27-2003, 06:51 AM

I expect that this is quite common. Remember that a lot of drivers are brought up on fwd and the first time in a rwd is when they buy themselves a performance car, without any idea about how to drive it.

I was scared sh1tless, when I got the 200SX, that I was going to spin it in the wet but the only moments I had were when I didn't give the car respect in poor conditions. Being wary of the car is definitely a good idea, and there's nothing to stop you driving like an old lady when the conditions are crap.
Old 07-27-2003, 03:49 PM

Originally posted by Type R on Scoobynet
The chap yesterday managed to keep his S2000 from spinning most of the day, which is credit to the driver as the straight bit of road we had to drive was so slippery people were spinning off
That was me
It was unbelievably slippery at North Weald on Friday - it's the first time I've seen so many cars spin off a straight bit of road
I've got some in-car videos from the day, from inside my S and few from my mate's Elise. I'll try and post them Monday evening.
Old 07-27-2003, 10:59 PM

Do you reckon Chesh has go a Scoobynet account? The initials are the same and it sounds like a Carper wind-up.

This is my first performance car and I had a huge learning curve (coming from a Renault Espace Diesel!) but the Academy days have taught me tons.

Del.