UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

No Delivery Date

Old 07-10-2004, 05:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile No Delivery Date

I have ordered a Royal blue metallic S2000 back in May and was promised delivery in July. This was put back to September .

I got a call from the dealer a couple of days ago saying that they are not producing any more royal blue cars until Dec04/Jan05. They did offer me either grey, black or Nurb blue. I told them that I ordered a dark blue car and expected a dark blue car so I would like to have my deposit back and possibly look for a nearly new car/ ex-demo.

Another call today and now they tell me that I can expect my royal blue car in Sept (no confirmed date). I wonder if they are stringing me along to hold on to my custom.

I will try calling Honda UK on Monday to see if they can tell me anymore, but I am getting seriously pe'd off.

I wondered if any body out there had any ideas on how I could get them to give me a delivery date for my new car.

Thanks Neil
Old 07-10-2004, 06:24 AM

Have a look on Autotrader. There are a couple of dealers advertising new S2000's for sale. Bob Gerard has a Royal Navy Blue advertised!!!
Old 07-11-2004, 12:50 AM
Ade

Crazy! Try another dealer. See what they can offer. There must be some RNBP car out there wating to be sold.

Isn't Royal Blue a pearl finish and not metallic?
Old 07-11-2004, 01:09 AM

the dealer should be able to print out the delivery dates for all cars, colour combos coming into the UK. Ask him for this and it will tell you all the information that you need. Or speak to Honda logistics.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:30 AM

I have got a stock roadster 04 04 RNB demo with 4k on the clock for immediate delivery. If interested call me on Tuesday on 01293-520191 and I will work out a price.

David
Old 07-11-2004, 03:30 AM

Thanks for the replies. RNB is a pearl finish. David I am afraid I am after a GT and anyway this is the first time I have splashed out on a car so was looking forward to the brand new car feeling.

Neil
Old 07-11-2004, 07:33 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Which dealer is this Neil? Fill in the Dealer satisfaction survey

and welcome to the boards
Old 07-12-2004, 10:49 AM

[QUOTE=AquilaEagle,Jul 11 2004, 07:33 AM] Which dealer is this Neil?
Old 07-12-2004, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

That's the idea, and hence the drive to get people to use it David.

Old 07-12-2004, 10:59 AM

Neil, from what I've read on here it's my understanding that Honda logistics should be able to track precisely where the vehicle is once a number has been allocated, and tell you to the day when it is due in the UK. It kind of begs the question how the delivery problem didn't come to light if they actually placed the order with Honda Japan when you ordered it back in July. If they want you to take the promised September delivery date seriously, you might want to ask to see proof of that from their system, or to get the number from them and to try to speak to Honda UK directly. (Don't let on to HUK who you are though!)

(Of course, you could still face a delay once it's in the UK - I had to wait 2-3 weeks for mine to reach the dealer after it arrived in the UK as a result of problems with hardtops, which are fitted locally. In fact, the dealer was telling me how delivery was going to be another 7-10 days at least even as the transporter rolled up at the dealership with my car on the back! )

Quick Reply: No Delivery Date