UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Nitrons are go!

Old 10-06-2005, 12:50 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Did you have a play with the settings or keep them the same for the whole day?
Old 10-06-2005, 12:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was kicked off the circuit by 11.30am due to the noise restriction so I didn't get a chance to play with the settings. I did do a 4 hour round trip to refit my cat, but the dB rating actually increased I probably got 40 laps in.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:08 AM
ge2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Passengered in Craig's car yesterday and was very impressed. I had sort of promised myself I'd buy an Elise/Exige if I got tempted to spend this sort of money on the S for track day type modifications but I will probably be speaking to Nitron next year
Old 10-06-2005, 09:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

:foottap: just waiting on mine coming now!
Old 10-07-2005, 01:22 AM

Nitron just called to say they will be with me Tuesday.

Moving house the following week so I will fit them by the end of the month in my nice new double garage
Old 10-14-2005, 11:04 AM

Another call to say it will be a couple of weeks.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:44 AM

turned up looking very just got to get them on the car now!

Bloody house move!

At least I'll have a nice double garage to do it in
Old 11-01-2005, 05:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Craig/Steven how are you finding the shocks now? Also is there a big need to have separate adjusters for the rebound/compression settings or not? I ideally would like to keep things simple just as Mike. I know that on a trackday I will forever be playing around with the adjustments and never get it right and therefore want to remove that as a possibility. How much more benefit have you two felt with being able to adjust each independently of the other and have you used it in this way?

Do either one of you adjust the ride height regularly or do you leave it on one setting? On a trackday do you adjust the rebound or compression settings numerous times or do you do it once and get it right?

So many questions and my head hurts! I have also been in touch with AST who are have an S2000 setup off the shelf for the 2 way adjustable and can do the 3 way too. The 2 way will cost
Old 11-01-2005, 06:01 AM

Tha pdf is too confusing for a quick read during work hours

Right, rebound damping is the most important adjustment on a decently set up damper so the Sport model will be fine Rahul. I have not adjusted either the high or low speed compression settings as you need plenty of track time to feel the different settings.

With regard to the AST shocks, I very much doubt they are gas monotube shocks (the "monotube" important) and so are less reilisent to a good work out because the piston head is smaller (running within a second skin rather than just the shock body that we see from the outside).

The advantage of the more expensive Nitrons and other remote reservoir shocks is that you have more fluid capacity and thus better damper control.

I think Nitron Sport model shocks combined with some stiffer anti roll bars will enable you to dart in and out of slow moving traffic on your weekend overtaking sessions without suffering nasty bodyroll or poor traction on the bumpy roads
Old 11-01-2005, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by rahula,Nov 1 2005, 02:21 PM
Do either one of you adjust the ride height regularly or do you leave it on one setting? On a trackday do you adjust the rebound or compression settings numerous times or do you do it once and get it right?
Forgot this question - ride height stays the same (you need to jack up each wheel and turn the spring platform, take the car for a spin, recheck heights and tweak further).

On a track day I just fiddle with the rebound settings but I may tap MarkB to give some expert advice at Bedford Autodrome

Quick Reply: Nitrons are go!