UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Newbie - Getting an S2K - Advice

Old 10-30-2003, 02:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

After much deliberating after various 2 seater roadsters i have decided to go with the S2K, i already own a heavily modified Civic Type R (pics below) which i will still keep.

I personally think i will get a black one, as i love my Type R in black, is this a popular colour or are some colours regarded more highly than others??

I always set out not to 'mod' my car, but never lasts long, though in the case of the S2K i feel possibly an uprated exhaust (any recommendations) and more than likely the alloys, i have had a look at the various threads in regards to alloys and will more than likely go for 17's, what is the most common set up with these in regards to tyres front and rear.

Your advice is much appreciated, pics of my CTR below.

Old 10-30-2003, 02:55 AM

welcome to the board

I went for the HKS exhaust and I am very pleased with the sound.....with hindsight I'd have probably gone for the Mugen Ti though for the weight saving
Old 10-30-2003, 02:59 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Welcome

Everyone has their own preference regarding car colour. I'm not aware of any colours being harder to sell on. Having said that, and at the risk of retaliation, I suspect the market for yellows might be smaller than most.

Old 10-30-2003, 02:59 AM

Nice CTR TazR

Don't forget - Silver IS THE FASTEST !!!

Hope you enjoy the S when it arrives.
Old 10-30-2003, 03:03 AM

Welcome!

Colour-wise, there's always a bit of gentle ribbing between owners of different colours, but I don't think any are particularly shunned - apart from Lime Green Metallic which is thankfully so rare that most people haven't actually seen one yet

By far the most common colour is Silverstone. Monte Carlo Blue seems to be catching up though. Despite the fact that black was one of the original three colours when the S2000 came out in 1999, you don't seem to see all that many of them around.

The HKS Hiper is a popular choice for replacment exhaust - it's comparatively cheap, it makes a nice noise, but some people (not me) find it a bit too "droney" at certain revs, and you should bear in mind that it's mild steel in part and so can be prone to rusting. Not really a problem in practice unless you plan to keep the car for a long time...... Other owners on the board have opted for the (extremely expensive but light) Amuse Titanium and the (almost as costly) Mugen. There are plenty of others, but I'm not sure whether you will find people in the UK who have already tried them.

Nice looking CTR You'll certainly fit in with the waxing community here, searching for the ultimate shiny car Out of interest, why bother keeping the CTR when, for all its difference, it's still quite a similar car to the S.....?
Old 10-30-2003, 03:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Mark Turner
Out of interest, why bother keeping the CTR when, for all its difference, it's still quite a similar car to the S.....?

Because its far better suited to delivering bread.
Old 10-30-2003, 03:57 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cheshire_carper
Old 10-30-2003, 04:10 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cheshire_carper
Old 10-30-2003, 04:32 AM

TazR

As AB will testify, black is the fastest colour Get yourself upto Avondale Honda in Stratford-Upon-Avon, as I've just sold mine to them. Black, Mugenized, 02MY with 22500 on the clock (It's just had the Manifold replaced, and the tappets done aswell) 3 Month old S02's all round. The "S" is an awesome car, and great for attracting the ladies . Just gutted I had to get rid of it!

Also, you won't find a bunch of more friendlier (is that word ), helpful people than the petrol-heads who reside on this site.

Happy ing!!

Coxy
Old 10-30-2003, 04:42 AM

Hey TazR,

Very nice CTR - was admiring it the other day on civictype-r.co.uk. Car of the month - cool!!

Quick Reply: Newbie - Getting an S2K - Advice