UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys

Thanks for the welcome.

Tonksy / HMT - you are both right. I actually purchased it from Gatwick Honda, but it has Redhill Honda Plates. I believe they are both part of the Sytner Group.

I paid £13k including 12 months tax / one year Hondacare Warranty. So I think an ok deal??

Ref the seat - it is actually not as bad as in the picture but I left the window open and it got a bit damp, passenger seat is perfect so I am looking just to replace the driver as and when a deal comes up.

Steering wheel seems spotless to me? It is actually straight when the wheels point straight so I dont know what happened it that picture

Cheers

Nick
Old 08-14-2011, 04:06 AM

and welcome.

It looked a nice example when I saw it at Gatwick. If you live in the area I will keep an eye out, may see you about.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by nclharris
Hi Guys

Thanks for the welcome.

Tonksy / HMT - you are both right. I actually purchased it from Gatwick Honda, but it has Redhill Honda Plates. I believe they are both part of the Sytner Group.

I paid £13k including 12 months tax / one year Hondacare Warranty. So I think an ok deal??

Ref the seat - it is actually not as bad as in the picture but I left the window open and it got a bit damp, passenger seat is perfect so I am looking just to replace the driver as and when a deal comes up.

Steering wheel seems spotless to me? It is actually straight when the wheels point straight so I dont know what happened it that picture

Cheers

Nick
Tis a nice car you have there. How did you find Honda Crawley? I was set to buy a car from them but couldn't find the colour combo I was after, VERY helpful garage though. Was the red S there when you purchased yours? Wasn't a huge fan of red but thought it looked great on the one they had on display.

When I visited them I must have spent 20mins on the phone to the receptionist as my sat nav, iPhone and my friends Galaxy SII could not get us there! ha ha
Old 08-14-2011, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Hello and welcome
Old 08-15-2011, 04:54 AM

Bramblecat,

Yeah, I live in Haywards Heath but work in Surbiton so you may well see me in Surrey!

Tonksy,

I live near Crawley so have always known where it was. It used to be known as Southern Counties Honda until recently. They told me that they have kept all the mechanics from Southern Counties and that they are confident to undertake any work on the S.

They were pretty helpful and made everything (including the finance) hassle free.

It was only my black one there when I went last week. But they seem to get them in regularly.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:36 AM

Lloyd and I both use Gatwick Honda - very nice garage, very competent and helpful. They like the S2000 in there, always have some in stock. I work in Burgess Hill so may see you on the travels! Enjoy ownership
Old 08-15-2011, 06:43 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by nclharris

Nick
If the seat isn't too bad you could swap the seat part with the passenger one to even out the wear.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by richmc
Originally Posted by nclharris' timestamp='1313322407' post='20876242

Nick
If the seat isn't too bad you could swap the seat part with the passenger one to even out the wear.
By "seat", do you mean the middle part that isn't the raised bit either side; the bits that hold's one fat arse in place when cornering and sag and wear over time?

If it where the raised bits, I'd swap them tomorrow if that were possible..