UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

New Roof and Seat Fitted Today

Old 09-10-2010, 10:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Roof and Seat Fitted Today

Some of you may have seen my recent dissatisfaction with the Honda ownership of late, and in particular the HUK and dealership experience. Just thought I would update you with a more positive experience and credit where it is due.

Honda initially refused my warranty claim for a worn drivers seat inside the 3 year warranty because of a mark elsewhere on the seat and unconnected. Honda claimed the seat had been caught with a stud (untrue as it happens as I don't wear jeans with studs). The seat had suffered the 'common' wear on the stitching point on the bolster. It was later approved not as a warranty claim but as a goodwill gesture.

Dropped my car off at Lloyd Honda Carlisle on Wednesday and picked it up at lunchtime with a new roof and seat cover fitted.

Roof looks very well fitted, with no damage as far as I can tell. At present it is very tight but Alistair assures me it will stretch The seat fit is also very tight, so I am hoping that I do not experience the 'bagging' others have reported on here.

Car had also been cleaned to a shinier state than I have ever seen leave a dealer.

When I picked the car up I had a long meeting with Alistair the After Sales Manager. He had seen my previous post and an email sent independently requesting a meeting to discuss the issues and he was keen to discuss my dissatisfaction. He was at lengths to point out that he had spent an extended period behind the scenes discussing the seat issue with Honda and getting it replaced on a goodwill basis, and that he had got 2 technicians in early this morning to get the car finished for lunchtime. He also explained that the Roof replacement had taken in excess of 20 hours despite the fact that Honda only pay for 4.5 hours labour. Finally he handed me a new service tick sheet to replace the incorrectly completed item, and the extended warranty paperwork that I had not previously seen, before dealing with the handover and waiting for me to check the car to ensure I was happy.

Perhaps my only criticism (as I said the Alistair) would be that feedback / updating from the dealer could have been better, as this would have ensured that I was aware that they were doing things to assist. In the end however the quality of work appears to be very good, so credit where it is due!
Old 09-10-2010, 10:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad its all sorted for you now.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear of more positive comments about Lloyds.

Alistair always goes the extra mile when working on my cars