UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

New Owner Questions

Old 02-06-2004, 06:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm expecting my S in half march, the end of march I'm gonna put a topcoat on my paint that avoids washing scrathes (or how ever you guys call it) and it always keeps a nice shine. Check ou this site for more info. It's a dutch site, but it has a downloadable english brochure. http://www.protech.nl/
Old 02-06-2004, 06:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by S Two Grand
Sorry for probably asking a silly question but having just become a member yesterday and new to the history of this forum, can some one tell me all about Rick's knob please what it does, why it's good, where they are and how much it costs. To be objective you can also tell me why I don't need one on my 04'. Thanks chaps..........Phil.

The knob is countersunk which means that it sits an inch lower than the standard one. Throws are shorter and more precise. Makes changing gears even more fun
Old 02-06-2004, 06:29 AM

Phil, have a look here:

http://www.ricks2k.com/products/shiftknob.php

Why do you need one? Well, you don't NEED one, but I much prefer it to stock:

1. it's countersunk, so it sits an inch or two lower on the gearstick and therefore shortens the throw;

2. it's a much better fit into the palm of your hand, being spherical rather than cylindrical; and

3. the spun titanium one looks v v

As to why you don't need one, they can be pricey (depending on which one you want) with the possibility of being clobbered for another 22% in VAT and import duty on receipt.

Go on - do yourself a favour and get one.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:34 AM

my knob seems to do the job intended i think i'l stick with it
Old 02-06-2004, 06:37 AM

I like the Honda knob, can be a bit chilly on a winters morning though
Old 02-06-2004, 06:39 AM

Go on - do yourself a favour and get one. [/QUOTE]
Probably wait until I see one or two on a meet somewhere, looks tasty, sounds like shifting is improved(thought that might be hard to beat ?) . Any meets soon in or around my neck of the woods. Don't mind travelling a bit.....................
Old 02-06-2004, 06:51 AM

Just thought why it might not be a good idea, the wife drives it occassionally and has struggled in our 03' finding gears . She ( and the gearbox ) may benefit from the,

1 3 5
2 4 6 R on it !!!
P.S Call me stupid, but I was reading the owners manual the other day and to my surprise found out that you can't put the space saver on the rear axle !!! Instead you have to put the good front wheel from the affected side on the rear axle and the space saver goes on the front. Hope it's not dark and raining if I need to do that .
Old 02-06-2004, 07:00 AM

Phil, you can get the gear pattern engraved on the Ricks knobs - mine has it.

Yup - quite right about the space saver. Just as well to find out now, rather than after you've driven 50 miles with it on the rear axle, doing who-know-what damage to the LSD!
Old 02-06-2004, 07:05 AM

Sounds like you good do with a read of the tech faq Phil http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=112062
Old 02-06-2004, 07:33 AM

Originally posted by neil_s2k
Sounds like you good do with a read of the tech faq Phil http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=112062
Cheers Neil am doing that now . Am becoming more familiar with the site now thanks to helpful and friendly advice like yours.....................Nice!!

Quick Reply: New Owner Questions