UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

New man-flu miracle cure!

Old 03-08-2007, 08:20 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Nah, Ian's chavved up motor will only put people off. It's my sleek, stock BB S2000 that's raising awareness.

Havas was gonna buy a Z4 until I took him out for a spin. (We are next door neighbours)
Old 03-08-2007, 09:58 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Mistress Quickly,Mar 8 2007, 12:45 PM
It's a similar feeling to admiring one's feet in pretty shoes - but I suppose you guys wouldn't understand that.
Sorry, that's just wierd!

Arnold Layne,
Had a strange hobby,
Collecting clothes;
Moonshine washing line,
It sent him blind...
Old 03-08-2007, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Poor Syd Barrett was kicked out and replaced by David Gilmour who used to live next door to us. We were invited to his parties, probably as a sop because he used to crash his model aeroplanes into our glasshouses. We're all a bit weird around here. Have been reading about Jane Austen agonising over whether white or ivory gloves are the most flattering. Plus ca change.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:18 PM

MQ, I love reading your posts, they are always beautifully written and show a sensitivity rare on placss like this. This time you have intrigued me though. To what are JA's gloves analagous? Syd Barrett vs Dave Gilmour, or something else?

Lucky you partying with DG though...hope you had fun

Old 03-09-2007, 01:35 AM

Thanks smnasn, I love this forum and reading every body else's posts. Re JA, not so deep as you thought. I was referring to my earlier post on this thread about wearing gloves when driving the S. Basically I was trying to flag up the difference between the way men and women see clothes. I mentioned JA in my most recent post to observe that it has always been that way. That is not to say that certain items of clothing can't also make a man feel good.

It was nice to see how the other half lived at DG's. I used to take my children swimming in his coffin-shaped pool.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:36 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Mistress Quickly,Mar 9 2007, 10:35 AM
Thanks smnasn, I love this forum and reading every body else's posts. Re JA, not so deep as you thought. I was referring to my earlier post on this thread about wearing gloves when driving the S. Basically I was trying to flag up the difference between the way men and women see clothes. I mentioned JA in my most recent post to observe that it has always been that way. That is not to say that certain items of clothing can't also make a man feel good.

It was nice to see how the other half lived at DG's. I used to take my children swimming in his coffin-shaped pool.
I think you'll find the difference is that men usually see women without their clothes - if you see what I mean - "He undressed her with his eyes..."
Old 03-09-2007, 07:59 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Mistress Quickly,Mar 8 2007, 11:48 PM
Poor Syd Barrett was kicked out and replaced by David Gilmour who used to live next door to us. We were invited to his parties, probably as a sop because he used to crash his model aeroplanes into our glasshouses. We're all a bit weird around here. Have been reading about Jane Austen agonising over whether white or ivory gloves are the most flattering. Plus ca change.
Great story.

It's more innocent than drowning people in the swimming pool, I suppose.

Gail, my bookkeeper, used to babysit for Rick Wright & used to go to his parties. Funny old world.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:38 AM

Had a wild drive to the shops and couldn't stop thinking about Havas' and lovegroova's comments about nakedness. (There's something about Ricky!) I'm a bit disappointed in myself because I have never before thought what it would feel like to drive naked. I have now. I'm no exhibitionist but have helmed a yacht in the nude many times - it's a fantastic feeling to bury the lee rail and feel the spume.

I wonder if anyone on here has taken their S out in the buff. Is it legal?
Old 03-09-2007, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mistress Quickly,Mar 9 2007, 10:35 AM

Ah, reading the whole thread properly it all makes more sense.

Interesting about DG's pool, he's a bit more "establishment" now I guess!

As for driving in the buff, if it's not illegal and you look like me it should be