UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

New Gearbox and New Roof ~ Anyone else having problems ?

Old 04-29-2004, 02:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE -

Hi all, and cheers for the comments I think I agree Japanese customer service seems to be filtering through to Honda UK.

Well after three days in the dealership, i now have my car back and all is well.

The new gearbox is sweet, and feels better than it ever did, altho im giving it a little bit of a run in period before i give it anything to really think about.
The new hood looks good, actually it made me realise the old one had faded just slightly as the whole car looks a little "newer" now, and certainly smells new inside thanks to said hood. The only quibble at the moment is that there is almost a crease at the passenger latching point of the roof whereas the other side fits perfectly - but i will give the hood some up/down action over the next few days and see if the fabric sits down properly with use.

The car was also fully valletted whislt at the dealers which saves me a job tonight (altho ill still slap some carnuba wax over it) as im off to a friends wedding at the weekend where no less than 3 s2000's will be present (2 x MY02 Berlina Black, and 1 x MY04 Moonrock). My fault of course for convincing my mates how good the car is, but now whenever i get together with my friends i have to ensure the car is polished to within an inch of its life .

Finally thank goodness, i have been able to give back the civic 1.6 S i have been driving, the novelty of being able to carry shopping back from B&Q was quickly overcome by the fact that it cornered like a giraffe on stilts (why couldnt they have given me a Civic Type R )

Right im off to start a gratuitous knob thread.

R.