UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

New clutch in

Old 12-21-2001, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New clutch in

Had the latest clutch fitted Tuesday. Alot quieter at the moment. Keep my figures crossed that it stays that way. seems to bit slightly stiffer. As a side note the dealer accidentally scatched my number plate, he didnt have to say anything but he admitted it and put bith a new front and back plate on because they have changed them slightly and they cleaned it. Now I think that is good service. Gordon Lamb @ Chesterfield.
Old 12-21-2001, 12:20 AM

Just for the record, missed earlier threads.

Why did you have the clutch replaced.

Good luck with the new one

Sean W
Old 12-21-2001, 12:26 AM

This thread has a lot of discussion around the issue for us in the UK
Old 12-21-2001, 12:47 AM

Thanks Tiff

Will have to have a Manchester mini meet sometime.

Were you an ex 20V Turbo owner also, know what you mean about dealers.

Regards

Sean W
Old 12-21-2001, 12:55 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SeanW
[B]Thanks Tiff

Will have to have a Manchester mini meet sometime.

Were you an ex 20V Turbo owner also, know what you mean about dealers.

Regards
Old 12-21-2001, 01:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Colin Killick
Had the latest clutch fitted Tuesday. Alot quieter at the moment. Keep my figures crossed that it stays that way. seems to bit slightly stiffer. As a side note the dealer accidentally scatched my number plate, he didnt have to say anything but he admitted it and put bith a new front and back plate on because they have changed them slightly and they cleaned it. Now I think that is good service. Gordon Lamb @ Chesterfield.
I am pleased to hear the clutch swap went well and that there is a noticable improvement (as you have probably seen, my car is in for a '055' clutch in the new year).

I have heard that the plastic cover which sits on top of the transmission tunnel (around hand brake / gear leaver) has to be removed for the clutch swap, and that at least 1 member has reported some damage to this (where it has been leavered off, presumably with a screwdriver) - is yours ok Colin? (the damage, if any, will be on the edge of the cover which sits on the carpet).
Old 12-21-2001, 01:30 AM

No, it looks okay. But I will have another look, its at home tucked up because weve got the office party today, plenty of cringe material for Saturday morning. Tiff, good move not buying Fiat I had one and had four engines in 18 months eventually rejected it. One of our clients has just given his back to HP company, he had to have a new engine. Our tax manager has an Alfa 156 the engines just been repalaced on that. Stay well clear of Alfas and Fiats. Look great though.
Old 12-21-2001, 01:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Tifosi Red

I came within a hair's breadth of getting a 20V Turbo Plus a couple of years back but my good wife said she would divorce me on the spot and have me sectioned if I ever bought another Fiat
I came SO close to buying one of these a few years back, from Motorhouse in Cannock (Staffs) A nice red one gleaming in the showroom. We'd actually got as far as the salesman looking at my trade in and quoting me a price. While I was talking to 'er indoors about it, the salesman went to talk to another customer and a chap who had been standing by the customer desk came over and took me by the arm and led me outside.He was hopping mad. He told me he'd bought one from there about a month before, and virtually a day hadn't gone by that he hadn't been back there getting the workshop to sort out problems. He complained of everything from rattles, to bits dropping off to engine problems, and was waiting to pick it up from the workshop again that day. He told me in no uncertain terms that if I bought one I needed my bumps read! I bought a Ford 24valve 2.5 Probe instead. Not the most exciting car and FWD, but I ran it for 2 years and the only problem I had was an interior light bulb had to be replaced!
Old 12-21-2001, 02:09 PM

I had a fiat Bravo1.6 SX (i know ) for 3 years with no probs..... got it at DC Cook.
Old 12-22-2001, 01:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ianl
I have heard that the plastic cover which sits on top of the transmission tunnel (around hand brake / gear leaver) has to be removed for the clutch swap, and that at least 1 member has reported some damage to this.
Thanks for the tip Ian. I'm having a new clutch on the 3rd Jan so will watch out for that.

Also having the seatbelt mod done + the HKS exhaust fitted

Pete

Quick Reply: New clutch in