UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

new badges

Old 06-05-2016, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new badges

Changed my badges today from the Silver to the Red, I like the solid look of these and a nice contrast with the cars colour. I did make the error of buying my previous front badge from Ebay and that only lasted 8 months before the colour started to fade badly. So a lesson learned and a watch out if you are thinking of buying some. Got these replacements from Tegiwa imports.
Attached Thumbnails new badges-img_0165.jpg   new badges-img_0162.jpg  
Old 06-05-2016, 09:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Doughnut!!!!! (can I call you that - lol)

I've been thinking about changing mine to red as well. What size are they? Are they easy to swap over.

Looks great btw
Old 06-06-2016, 01:04 AM

im in the process of changing mine to the solid black ones! ive got 2 rears... good to know tegiwa can get the fronts! I did look at the states, but non will ship to the UK

What adhesive pads did you use? 3m? or did they come with the badges?

and I take it these badges are slightly smaller than the ones you took off? these solid ones are a touch smaller aren't they.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:10 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got the EP3 ones off eBay from a Honda dealer, slightly smaller in size, which I quite liked.

The adhesive is usually on the back.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by SuperHamz
I got the EP3 ones off eBay from a Honda dealer, slightly smaller in size, which I quite liked.

Do they have the same pegs as the S2000 fronts? do they come in black? How much did you pay if you don't mind?
Old 06-06-2016, 04:08 AM

to answer the few questions: Size wise I would say they are a similar size to the silver standard ones, an easy to swap the silver ones only have a small amount of adhesive so not much left to clean off after you have removed them.
these came with adhesive pads the front badge only had a couple of strips and the back badge has a full covering. both badges come with the pegs in the correct place, you will have to remove the plastic inserts left in the boot after you remove the badge and the new pegs will match perfectly. Again make sure you get the correct ones for the S2000 as there are a lot of these badges about and there all slightly different sizes and pegs in slightly different positions.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by aliendoughnut
to answer the few questions: Size wise I would say they are a similar size to the silver standard ones, an easy to swap the silver ones only have a small amount of adhesive so not much left to clean off after you have removed them.
these came with adhesive pads the front badge only had a couple of strips and the back badge has a full covering. both badges come with the pegs in the correct place, you will have to remove the plastic inserts left in the boot after you remove the badge and the new pegs will match perfectly. Again make sure you get the correct ones for the S2000 as there are a lot of these badges about and there all slightly different sizes and pegs in slightly different positions.
cheers. yeah I appreciate there are a lot around that why I asked if they are smaller... from all my research the AP1 (in the US and prefacelift in the UK) came with these smaller enamel filled badges.... the AP2 or the facelift cars came with the silver unfilled badges.

I really prefer these badges personally!

Part number would be good if you have it?? how much did you pay??
Old 06-06-2016, 05:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tangoray
Originally Posted by SuperHamz' timestamp='1465207827' post='23985823

Do they have the same pegs as the S2000 fronts? do they come in black? How much did you pay if you don't mind?
The pegs are smaller than the S2K ones, they'll go into the holes without any issues, just need to make sure you line them up straight.

I couldn't find them in black, just in red.

I got it from Balmer Lawn Honda, looks like the price has gone up a couple of pounds since I last bought them:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-HO...5/322115321837
Old 06-06-2016, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by tangoray
Originally Posted by aliendoughnut' timestamp='1465214908' post='23985884
cheers. yeah I appreciate there are a lot around that why I asked if they are smaller... from all my research the AP1 (in the US and prefacelift in the UK) came with these smaller enamel filled badges.... the AP2 or the facelift cars came with the silver unfilled badges.

I will get the parts numbers when I get home tonight
Old 06-06-2016, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by aliendoughnut
Originally Posted by tangoray' timestamp='1465219646' post='23985958
[quote name='aliendoughnut' timestamp='1465214908' post='23985884']

I will get the parts numbers when I get home tonight
[/quote]

front 75700-S2A-0000ZE
rear 75701-S2A-000ZE

£73.66

as i said before beware of E-Bay i bought one and is was a fake heres a link from youtube on how to spot a the fakes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJXXdtT1GMU

Quick Reply: new badges