UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

New aftermarket S2000 wheels

Old 03-23-2007, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New aftermarket S2000 wheels

Anyone know any good places to have a look for s2000 alloys? Ive been looking at the Rota slipstreams on ebay but am wanting more of a selection. any recommendations? Im sure someone heres just bought some
Old 03-24-2007, 05:22 AM

Also what offset and stagger anre you guys running on your aftermarket setups?

Cheers
Old 03-24-2007, 05:42 AM

rarerims.com or something like that
Old 03-24-2007, 01:18 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Unit 8 are good.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:14 AM

Ok thanks for the replies. I gave both a try and have kinda settled on the idea of some rota slipstreams however the offsets are a little off. 45 front and 48 rear, does anyone think that will pose a problem? Id be interested to hear from people running those wheels before I make up my mind.

I believe the factory offsets are 55 front and 63 rear if my memory serves me correctly.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:04 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Correct.

There are almost no fitments for the S2000 with the correct offsets, so the handling will suffer.

Mugen or Volks are your choices. Lovely lightweight wheels, though.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:01 AM

If the correct wheel offset cannot be found is it important to stagger the wheels? I have some unstaggered wheels on my car at the moment but they have a 235 tyre on the rear (205's on the front). Im thinking of switching to the rota slipstreams which do not have as good offset as my exsisiting alloys but have the slightly wider wheel at the back to reduce the tyre wall flex which I think im suffering from at the moment.

cheers
Old 04-02-2007, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Nick Graves,Mar 29 2007, 10:04 AM
Correct.

There are almost no fitments for the S2000 with the correct offsets, so the handling will suffer.

Mugen or Volks are your choices. Lovely lightweight wheels, though.
I am currently looking at buying an S2K where the owner has previously fitted Oz Ultraleggera alloys - is there a chance these will detrimetally affect handling? And is there any way of getting the wheels checked to see if they have been fitted correctly??

Old 04-03-2007, 04:45 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Well, the car won't handle as Uehara intended, but TBH, most people that fit aftermarket wheels probably cannot tell the difference.

When Honda switched to 17" wheels, they changed the spec of prcatically all the lower wishbomes & RWS arms, as well as the spring & damper rates. This is because of the differing flex of the shallower sidewalls.

The different offsets are less important on a track which is very smooth, but it will tend to exacerbate tramlining under braking on poor roads. The RWS effect will also become exaggerated due to higher leverage rates.

As far as using the correct nut profile & spigot size for the alloy to hub, I actually despair. Yes, a reputable dealer will sell you teh correct stuff, but most alloy sellers and buyers are total muppets.

It's still widely held that the offset is determined by the wheelarch flare & not the centreline of the wheel! You'll see that repeated on soooo many sites.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Graves,Apr 3 2007, 01:45 PM
Well, the car won't handle as Uehara intended, but TBH, most people that fit aftermarket wheels probably cannot tell the difference.

When Honda switched to 17" wheels, they changed the spec of prcatically all the lower wishbomes & RWS arms, as well as the spring & damper rates. This is because of the differing flex of the shallower sidewalls.

The different offsets are less important on a track which is very smooth, but it will tend to exacerbate tramlining under braking on poor roads. The RWS effect will also become exaggerated due to higher leverage rates.
The spring rates were only slightly changed:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...dpost&p=8041260

Notice the more substantial change between the pre and postMY02 cars.

However, Nick is right, my car tramlines more than stock and I put this down to the lower profile tyres as much as less than OEM offsets. Bear in mind that non-OEM tyre width will have as much to play as differing offsets. I have a slightly wider front tyre (same as a MY04+) and, combined with my stiffer front anti-roll bar, the front end has a sharper turn in

So much has been done to my suspension set up that it is hard to isolate the impact of individual changes. However, I've just paid Parcel Farce's admin charges for my rear anti bump steer kit this morning (online) so I should have the rear toe arms to fit this weekend, as well as the steering rack spacers. This should improve handling further

I bought POR 15 paint for the wishbones this morning too

Quick Reply: New aftermarket S2000 wheels