UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Neighbours cat pi$$ing on my car

Old 04-28-2010, 03:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Neighbours cat pi$$ing on my car

I wont start with a rant about this, just thougth i would share my dismay.

I had to move house recently due to the neighbours cat pooing in my garden. Now i live out in the country and the dear old lady over the way has a few cats who are actually quite nice (its amazing how some country fresh air can shange a young mans perspective on an urban pest).

Rather annoyingly however, the cats (3 of them) do like to pee on my car leaving nice yellow spray marks all over the front bumper (only front bumper odly).

They only seem to do it after i have washed it aswell (literally after i have washed it), can only assume like to mark their territory and get upset when i wash the car...

Anyway, i went from a cat hater, to a mild cat tolerator....now firmyl back in the hater camp.

I need a dog.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:41 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hahaha - or an air rifle !!

My mate has a similar problem. He bought a new porker and the local cats keep scratching it! My mate has tried all sorts including lion dung ! His current setup is a motion activated water squirter on each side of the car! Hes also got CCTV on it that is motion senstive. Got loads of great commedy footage of the posty getting sprayed down but unfortunately none of that local cats yet.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Firstly, check the typo in the title.

Secondly, check your brand of car wax/polish.
My guess it’s got something like ammonia in it, ammonia smells of cat wee to other cats who then pee on it to mark their territory.
(might not be ammonia)
Do you use something different on the front bumper compared to the rest of the car?

It might just be as simple as changing your brand of car polish to solve the problem.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:49 AM

Received 649 Likes on 565 Posts

kill the old lady therefore not annoying any of the cat lovers on this site
Old 04-28-2010, 03:57 AM

Get some citrus flavour car wax or cleaning products. A planter full of catnip placed well away from the car.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:04 AM

i use meguirs...i tried all the web-forum recommendations at the last place and was all useless and waste of money. My last garden smelt so bad that it only disuaded me and the wife using it...not the pesky cats!

I am doomed.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:05 AM
J_D

Just hose it off, or buy a cat scarer which immits a noise they can only hear

IMO nothing pisses me off more than stepping in dog shit
Old 04-28-2010, 04:16 AM

Something like "Get Off". Its a spray which works wonders on getting cats to steer clear of any object.

I have two cats and if they start scratching or sitting somewhere they shouldnt a quick spray on the object usually steers them off the mark.

To us it smells of oranges and lemons but to a cat its like someone doing an eggy fart in an elevator. you just want out and away from it!!
Old 04-28-2010, 04:32 AM
Banned

Received 131 Likes on 119 Posts

I had one that used to sit on my roof - kept thinking of it sinking its claws in and tearing it to shreds! Wasnt sure whether to just let it be as scaring it might make its claws dig in. The second time I saw it I got a washing up bowl full of water inched the window above open and tipped. The cat doesn't come within 3 houses of here now
Old 04-28-2010, 04:33 AM

eggy fart in an elevator? isn't that an Aerosmith track?

Quick Reply: Neighbours cat pi$$ing on my car