UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Need a rant, sorry

Old 06-01-2011, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck getting it sorted, Hopefully the pikey is insured and the car is traceable / known at the ind est.

If all legal and propper means of restitution fail but you can find where the car is parked there are sevral fun things to try as long as its out of sight and not on cctv.

1: depending on how the car is parked i.e facing in or facing out remove the least obvious number plate and refit it upside down, this will make the car a lot more noticable to the fuzz.

2: ( you'll need a mate for this) industrial cling film wrapped round the car under over tecnique get it right and its a right pain to remove.

3: ( old one but good one this ) find a piece of broken glass or plastic and wedge it in the tread of one of his tyres then let said tyre down make sure its obvious to anyone geting in the drivers seat, for extra fun aquire a valve screw and remove the centre of the valve airline on tyre goes up airline off tyre goes down.

If executed corectly none of these pranks will damage the vehicle but should cause some karma.

Or................................................ ...........................

Find out where he lives take of and nuke the place from orbit its the only safe way
Old 06-01-2011, 12:08 PM

Southmead is a terrible place.... Could be worse though. I had a guy bump my rear at a traffic light. We go to a side road to talk and he had the audacity to say there is not a crack and if so I did it. He sped off without giving details so I went to the police. Got a phone call a few days later to say he was caught and was charged so it is worth reporting. Helps when one is in a respectable profession.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You were involved in a collision.

You spoke to the individual who did not provide his details when reasonably required to do so. His opinion re the collision is a matter for later.

He became threatening, assaulted you and left the scene.

This is on CCTV ... or some of it ?? How clear is the CCTV ?? How clear is the driver/suspect on the CCTV ??

You should report it to the police but explain your concern. They will do checks but should not be telling you the results ... though I know you would want to know !

He should get arrested for failing to stop (which failing to provide details or stay long enough to do so is enough) and the assault. If he does cause grief he gets arrested again and potentially kept inside.

I appreciate your concerns but unless you report it he will just continue to go through life threatening people when he doesn't get his own way or does something wrong.

Why should this cost you.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:37 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good luck.

I got rammed by some small time drug dealer in Bristol, had a witness, ANPR to place the vehicles and the Police did nothing.
I did find out they were not insured too. And was warned off after doing my own research and locating the owner.

In fact the Bristol office who deal with these unsolved RTAs called me to explain how hard it was for them, having to knock on this guys door.
And that he probably wouldnt want to speak to them. And there probably wouldnt be any damage.
No shit - the incident was three weeks earlier.....

My heart bleeds for them.

About time they shook up these useless pen-pushing wasters and send them out on first response for a few years!

I would do my own research, and take my own revenge, if it makes you feel better.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by m1bjr
Good luck.

I got rammed by some small time drug dealer in Bristol, had a witness, ANPR to place the vehicles and the Police did nothing.
I did find out they were not insured too. And was warned off after doing my own research and locating the owner.

In fact the Bristol office who deal with these unsolved RTAs called me to explain how hard it was for them, having to knock on this guys door.
And that he probably wouldnt want to speak to them. And there probably wouldnt be any damage.
No shit - the incident was three weeks earlier.....

My heart bleeds for them.

About time they shook up these useless pen-pushing wasters and send them out on first response for a few years!

I would do my own research, and take my own revenge, if it makes you feel better.
A lot of forces for RTC's have no police officers to go and knock on doors - they have all been sacked to save money ... years back each area had it's own officers to go and follow everything up. Ours went ages ago ... but with a crime allegation that can be proved as opposed to road traffic act stuff alone it should be allocated to an officer to investigate.

I bet yours was treated as an RTC as opposed to a deliberate act ... thus no officer to deal - they are all civilians.

The government gave traffic stuff a low priority - chief constables etc are not marked highly on this sort of stuff therefore resources get diverted. Civilian staff in offices are far cheaper than a PC ... but totally ineffective through no fault of their own when it comes to enforcing stuff that required knocking on doors.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:33 AM

Please report this thug to the police!