UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Need a rant, sorry

Old 06-01-2011, 03:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same thing happened to me last year in the snow. A van scraped the side of me and just drove off so I had to have some sideways snow action just to catch him up but couldnt because he'd gone. Luckily a local guy and it only took me 15 mins to track where he lived where I sorted everything out then and there.
Some people are thick so they need to be told when they are in the wrong.
Assertion solves everything but make sure you can back it up!
Old 06-01-2011, 03:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

be quick for CCTV, most places will only keep it for 24-48hours.
even if you cant get it for yourself, ask them the put it aside for the police...

have you ever thought of a metal bar behind the drivers seat
Old 06-01-2011, 03:19 AM

s.170 Road Traffic Act 1988 requires a driver to stop if an accident occurs in which (amongst other things) damage is caused to a vehicle other than the one he is driving, and if asked, to provide his name and address to the other driver. You didn't ask him. He refused to accept there had been an accident. Strictly speaking if you don't ask for his details, he doesn't then have to report the accident. However, the Police do take this kind of thing quite seriously: it can sometimes lead to them clearing up other more serious offences. You should report the incident.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:21 AM
POG

Wow thanks for the support! Got good news, the whole thing's on CCTV

questioning taking it further though as I'm often at the place where it happened and he may have some scummy friends and the S is quite noticeable.

Only light damage but I do agree, I'm sick of scum getting away with it! May just say to the police (been already) that if they have the bloke/car on record for anything else, I have further evidence. Don't want to attract more attention if you know what I mean.

Thanks again though fellow S2Kers!
Old 06-01-2011, 03:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great news thats its on cctv, if the assault is also on camera I wouldnt hesiate in reporting him to the police. I personally wouldnt take crap like that off anyone regardless of size!!!

It will cost you a minimun of £150 to sort it out yourself, where thers blame theres a claim!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 05:01 AM

Yeah, why let it go?? does it not aggitate you that he had one over on you and then abused his position of being a bigger guy and making you feel weak?
I'd be doing everything i could just to screw him over any way i can.......but then again i probably would have lost my rag at the time aswell, and probably knocked the rest of his teeth out even if i ended up getting a kickin whilst trying
Old 06-01-2011, 05:14 AM

Dont let it go, remember, you also know what he drives ! Nothing a bottle of brake fluid can't solve.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:16 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

is he insured?

http://ownvehicle.askmid.com/
Old 06-01-2011, 05:33 AM

Back luck fella. Where in Bristol?

you really should report him or others will suffer a similar fate to you as he will continue to get away with stuff like this. Appreciate the fear of future reprisal, but the good folk in society must rely on the law to deal with low lives like this and not live in fear.

Many little incidents can help build a bigger case for plod to throw the book at him, no doubt one of many 'little' incidents....
Old 06-01-2011, 07:08 AM
POG

Originally Posted by phil121081
Back luck fella. Where in Bristol?

It was in Southmead.

I think if the damage to either myself or the car was worse then I would take it further definitely. The bumper needs a respray anyway due to scuffs that happened before. People just don't like my car.

I'm going to hand the cctv footage to the police so that they can use it if he's been caught for anything similar.

Thanks though for all the replies

Quick Reply: Need a rant, sorry