UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Núrburgring Advice

Old 12-03-2009, 01:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i did 4 laps with a spoon N1 without problem, but then again it was the same weekend as the old timer GB and the 7.5 ltr can am's had just done a 1 hour endurance using the GP and nordschlief so i cant see anybody complaining that weekend
if you do go make sure you park up and walk the outside of the track there are some excellent viewing points to see how it should and should not be done, it may seem expencive but €20 for 13 mile track compares well with some of the trackdays in UK remember you only pay for what you use, also look out for people selling unused tickets there are usually a few going a bit cheaper
Old 12-03-2009, 11:02 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So what if its 22EUR?

Its an icon, and the way things are going it may not be around much longer.

Go now or forever regret.

Track evenings at the new Ring (GP circuit) are erm... interesting aren't they Mark!
Old 12-03-2009, 11:04 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I will never forget the sessioned track time I got on the GP - it was just lunacy!

Tis a must see place for any car nut though.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:52 AM

My advice - just don't get over excited and nearly bin it on the first corner (thank you Mr CJ for reminding me to brake!)

We stayed at http://www.hausmarvin.de/en/index.php (great find by Lloyd and Rebecca)
Old 12-04-2009, 01:34 AM

Der Preis für eine Runde in 2010: 23,00 €.
... From the http://www.nuerburgring.de/ft/nordsc...tml?no_cache=1 website.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Full price list:

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/2009/...rmular_2010.pdf

8 laps is €156, or 19 per lap. You have to remember that it's a long lap. 1 lap of the Nordschleife is about the same as 5 or 6 laps of a regular track. 8 sessions of 5 or 6 laps is what you might do on a UK track day, which would cost you more than £140.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:57 AM

I went over 2 years ago and I have to go again!! The laps cost €15 and the exchange worked out about £11 per lap so that was ok.

I went with 6 other guys, we bought 3 tickets so this saved money and didn't have you all out together and driving well above your capabilities

There are plenty of very nice hotels but I would suggest ones that are 2-3 mins drive from the circuit as they are cheaper. We stayed in a very nice place called Wiesemscheid.

Don't bother with insurance it is a whole can of worms and even if you crash or slide off the circuit then you are screwed anyway - it will make you drive with more care & attention anyway!

We did our trip over a long weekend, left Herts on Friday afternoon, stayed just outside Brussels that night, up by 8 and at the Ring by lunch time. Watched some racing for a few hours. Back to hotel for a good nights sleep and up first thing on the Sunday for all day track action. Stayed at Hotel on Sunday - few beers and happy memories. Left 7am Monday morning and back in Blighty by early evening

If I was to go again then I would hire a track prepared car - expensive but insured, safe and you will get more respect on the track.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:10 AM

Learning the track on the PS2 (GT4 game) will pay dividends when you get there for the first time. Its accurate for most of the lap. I did hundreds of laps on GT4 then went for real in the S in May this year. Don't be scared of a wet track. (It keeps the bikers off). I did most of my 10 laps on a wet track It was brilliant. I will never forget it.

Oh and when you first get there try to blag a passenger lap (I did) with an experienced ringer. It gives you a good sighting lap and will show you the differences from the GT4 game.

Packman
Old 01-02-2010, 09:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been to the ring 5 times now, always stayed at http://www.ringhaus.com, has to be the closest to the track and pretty cheap!! My advice as per all those posting before is to check everything before you go and be prepared to replace brakes pads maybe discs, and tyres. It is 22 a lap however it is well worth it, don't push it too hard I have seen too many people right their cars off just enjoy it. Also don't leave all your laps to the end, quite often the track will close for a couple of hours or shut early because someone has had an accident. And the fines for having an accident are huge!

As Packman says, play a few games (the ringhaus has it set up in their lounge) take the first couple of laps steady and slowly pick it up. No-one is timing just enjoy it! If it has rained be very careful!

Enjoy!!
Old 01-02-2010, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bundle of Mayhem,Dec 3 2009, 08:52 PM
We stayed at http://www.hausmarvin.de/en/index.php (great find by Lloyd and Rebecca)
Thanks CJ

This place have a number of cars including an S to hire for use on the Ring, the owner who is great fun was gobsmacked when 6 S2000 turned up to stay. Also sent us to a lovely pub up the road - met that infamous German Ring driver there ....

Owner of Haus Marvin does the race which is won by driving consistent lap times ... can't remember name of it, but she is a goldmine of useful info on the area too.

Drop her an email, if she is full I think her mother does a B&B over the road, so will be able to assist.

Quick Reply: Núrburgring Advice