UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

My new seats

Old 05-30-2013, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mr Pitts do you have any pics? Pole positions are prob my favourite seat ever, drove a TT sport a while back where they are oem, awesome seat. What did you do about the seatbelt buckle position and what rail did you use?
Old 05-31-2013, 12:04 AM

Will be following this with interest. My DC2 recaros were my favourite ever car seats. Although the ATR's are pretty good too.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:48 AM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

These will fit on custom rails. I saw a pair of DC5 Recaro fitted an S at the last Mimms meet . I sat in the car, and they are an excellent upgrade from the OEM seats. The centre console even opened (well...just about)
Old 05-31-2013, 12:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DanBes2k
Mr Pitts do you have any pics? Pole positions are prob my favourite seat ever, drove a TT sport a while back where they are oem, awesome seat. What did you do about the seatbelt buckle position and what rail did you use?

I'm parked in a dodgy place at the moment and can't get a signal on my phone, I've got a pic ill send later when I move my truck.The rail is a copy of the buddy clubs I think,Matty sent me the link.Matty also provided me with some brackets to move the seatbelt mounts forward but as I found it real awkward to get the passenger seat to move with it fitted I didn't fit it drivers side.I just poked it through the hole in the seat.because I'm not a lard arse it doesn't seem to intrude on my buttocks If I can do the same passenger side ill remove the bracket there also,if you need them let me know.

Or have a quick look on my thread "pussy cat build", there is the pic on the last page.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be very interested to hear how easy it is to install these. The full pimp red will look excellent with the white S Dave

It's funny because I just found a DIY thread on a DC2 forum of someone fitting S2000 seats into a DC2 Link
Old 05-31-2013, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Tim S

If they fit without surgery to the seats/car I'll be surprised.
As would I. I also reckon you'll sit higher than stock seats too.

Finally, I don't think they offer enough advantage over the stock seats in terms of holding either.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:05 AM

The dc2 seats are night and day compared to s2000 seats they really are, The shoulder supports are perfectly placed, and because the bolsters have been renewed they are snug, Dont know if am along on this ?

For me its all about comfort and the look of the seats iv had them in my mr2,crx and landrover discovery. i just really like them.

I will be cutting the rails today and visiting my engineer for some flat bar, and weld together once lined up I will take pictures for those who are interested in this,
Old 05-31-2013, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by j8mie
I would be very interested to hear how easy it is to install these. The full pimp red will look excellent with the white S Dave

It's funny because I just found a DIY thread on a DC2 forum of someone fitting S2000 seats into a DC2 Link

Thanks buddy i think your right, They will look very good with the white iv got some new red carpet to be installed as well

Strange there fitting s2000 seats into dc2 total opposite from what am doing lol,
Old 05-31-2013, 05:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you've hit the nail on the head Dave. It's what works best for you. Bassoctopus has had issues with the BYS lowered seat rail that so many of us (myself included) have had great success with. We are all different shapes, so it's important to find what works best for you.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:30 AM

Aye we are all individual so personal preference really Cant wait to get these all cleaned and fitted, The list of stuff am doing is getting bigger each day

Quick Reply: My new seats