UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

My Indy yellow project / timeline thread

Old 12-22-2010, 07:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Indy yellow project / timeline thread

After several people asking me on various forums (and reading r8byb's thread) why I didn’t have a project thread for my S2000 I thought maybe I should start one, mainly so I can keep track of how its changed, as I usually always have one, but im not really classing this car as a project, I`m just building it when I can and how I want it... my real project is my renault 5 gt turbo in my garage.... its the heart breaker

Having had an S2000 in August 09 and changed to an Evo 6 in October, I soon got sick of sticking horrendous amounts of fuel in and going nowhere. Awesome awesome cars, and I will own another… it just crippled me on fuel at that time with work etc

Talk amongst friends also brought about a trip to the Nurburgring in June 2010, after considering taking the Evo, I decided it was time to send her on to pastures new and get back into a Honda…. And the only thing I wanted was another S2000, but it had to be white, indy yellow, or imola orange….EASY!!

As luck would have it a friend of mine in Scotland had just bought an indy yellow jdm, which was pretty decent spec, so when he offered it to me I had to snap it up.

Turns out it was pretty well kitted out already :

Spoon Sports ECU
Spoon Cool Running Kit - fan switch and thermostat
Decat
Fujitsubo Legalis R

17” SSR GT1 Alloys

Spoon lowering springs

Drilled and grooved discs, uprated pads
Endless Braided Lines

“Feels” Style rear diffuser (I call that an eBay job, more so saves the exhaust than creates downforce)

OEM front lip

Genuine Honda softtop from an 06 s2000 with glass back window

This was exactly what I wanted. All this car needed was a service, some track spec pads and some decent rubber (Hankook RS-2) and it was off to Germany… oh and a carbon BYS style spoiler

After Nurburgring the modding bug set in and parts starting landing from everwhere.

Enkei RPF1`s
Buddyclub N+ coilovers

Cr Edition Gearknob and Gaitor

OEM Clear repeaters

And most importantly.. A berlina black hardtop and fitting kit

I also swapped out the Fujitsubo for a Kakimoto N1 single exit, which lasted all of 4 days when 1 low car meets a really bad road and a raised manhole cover….. RIP N1.
After 3 weeks off the road and eventually getting a nice payoff from the road owners she was back better than ever with

Uprated engine and gearbox mounts
Samco Coolant Hoses
Spoon Radiator Stays
Mugen Manifold
Japspeed Decat Pipe

Mugen Exhaust

Team Spugen Carbon Intake

The audio also took some tinkering while the exhaust bits where arriving, and is now sporting

S2000 radio door from 2009 model
Pioneer cd/radio with ipod
Pioneer door speakers
Kenwood crossovers
Kenwood Tweeters
JL Audio 10W3V3 Sub
JL Audio S2000 Stealth box
Alpine V12 5 channel amp

Since then Ive pretty much been driving it and enjoying it, with the winter now here the hardtop is on full time and I got so bored repainting the front lip every week for stone chips I just sticker bombed it.

New discs all round just fitted which wasn’t bad considering the last ones did 15 Ring laps and still lasted until December, and Ive a set of AP2V1 wheels painted a nice bright blue with hankook rs2 tyres again should I fancy the track.

Ive a facelift bumper to go on hopefully early in the new year, I just need to decide what I`m doing about the rear bumper.

Ill add to this if I do more, and Ill try to cut out the waffle and updates of “today I fitted an air freshener”. I can link to my photo bucket folder if anyones massively interested in hundreds of pictures of a yellow car

And this is how she sits today… well today its actually under about 8 inches of snow but early last week then

Old 12-22-2010, 07:22 AM

Said it before but that looks the feckin business dude. Love those Enkeis!

Some ice is on my list for 2011 as im fed up with standard, so will have to have a proper nosy sometime at your setup

Is your new bumper the one from Garage R?
Old 12-22-2010, 07:27 AM

The Spoon blue AP2V1's are great.

Let me know you ever want rid or fancy a swap. I have some spare track wheels too.

I also have the mugen exhaust, sounds good, nice and subtle and without the CAT and a aftermarket manifold it pops and burbles wonderfully.

Nice car.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:14 AM
Banned

Awesome Ollie love the new touches with the spoiler is it a BYS?

You'll have to let me know when your going the ring as were going in June
Old 12-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Banned

i have a indy yellow s and am planing on doing a few of your styling bits like black hardtop and gloss black front lip but also black skirts and spats

very nice S you have there!
Old 12-22-2010, 08:48 AM

Looks great Ollie!

What happened to the Kakimoto? Was it damaged beyond repair?
Old 12-22-2010, 09:10 AM

Very nice mate.

What offset and tyre sizes are you running ?
Old 12-22-2010, 09:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What is a Spoon Cool Running Kit? O____O''
Old 12-22-2010, 09:45 AM

cheers for the comments guys, ill work backwards and answer anyones questions

@Joeh - i just condensed it, its the spoon thermostat and fan switch to allow the car to run cooler. We are also pretty sure theres a Spoon throttle body on there too.

@JDM_JUT - standard rpf1 17" 8" front 9" rear with 225 and 245 width, and i think 45 offset all round, i just took the offsets from the rpf1 thread so i knew id get it right.

@D2 TEX - busted at every weld mate and a 3 inch crack in the rear silencer, my mate has it at the minute, hes either welding it up for me or hes making it fit his MR2. tbh i`ve little faith in using repaired exhausts from past experiences, although it may be because the welder was rubbish.

@rob2.2 - id love the oem side strakes but they are wayyyyy to expensive, or perhaps the chargespeed carbon skirts, again hard to justify the money on such a small piece that few will notice and the kerb or speedbum may kill

@R8byb - sadly not a genuine BYS, my budget just doesnt stretch to that kinda money for a spoiler, so its an eBay special... £140 delivered. I`ll definitely let you know when we are going. last year it was 23rd-29th june. awesome fun!!

@Suits - no problem mate, the only thing i`d change them for probably would be something like rota slipstreams, so i can do the whole "spoon s2000" thing. Tho I will say, the hankook rs2 tyres are insanely fun in the rain..... the car just doesnt stay straight. I got them for track and general winter use, then realised the hankooks werent the best choice so i just laid them up for the time being.

@feck on a stick - more than welcome mate, my front speakers honestly are shockingly poo, like £30 coax with some tweeters poo..... but i`m going to put in some alpine type r components oce i get some spare cash or kill my current fronts. The JL sub box is absolutely awesome tho.
The bumper is just an 04 on facelift one the same as yours. TBH i cant warrant the money on the garage R one, its just too expensive IMO for a fibreglass bumper, otherwise I would have had one in a flash. So facelift and a carbon lip for me.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by OLLIeCRX,Dec 22 2010, 10:45 AM
@Suits - no problem mate, the only thing i`d change them for probably would be something like rota slipstreams, so i can do the whole "spoon s2000" thing. Tho I will say, the hankook rs2 tyres are insanely fun in the rain..... the car just doesnt stay straight. I got them for track and general winter use, then realised the hankooks werent the best choice so i just laid them up for the time being.
One of the sets I have are set of Slipstreams .

Quick Reply: My Indy yellow project / timeline thread