UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

My cars been hit.

Old 10-05-2007, 03:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Its only a car, ain't no biggie. Let the insurance leeches do their thing then go and buy a new 'un.

Job done.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nasty. And very unfortunate. At least you escaped with - by the sound of it - no injuries after a spin.

Gotta say, the slip road roundabouts on the M27 from J4 onward seem to attract total idiots. The number of times I've had numpties cut across from the inside lanes to join the motorway at the airport or weave all over the shop at J7 for Hedge End..... makes me very wary. Shouldn't have to be!

Hope all works out OK. Witnesses..... ultra, ultra useful when it comes to a claim!
Old 10-06-2007, 12:55 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

WTF is wrong with people??

I'd have been on my knees apologising if i'd been such a twat.

Not sure if the law has changed, but it used to be that if you hit someone from behind, it was your fault.

Hope you got a few witnesses.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:10 AM

Thanks for all the nice supportive messages people makes me feel better . The guy who helped me out of the car gave me his name and address, he lives just around the corner from me. We went around to his house to speak to him, he is very nice but he is saying he only saw the tail end of the accident. That was me spinning around in the road .

He said if my insurance company write to him he will try to help out, but we think he does'nt really want to get envovled. I work for Hampshire police as a civvy dealing with road traffic accidents in Hampshire, so I am very familier with a lot of the procedures of making claims and dealing with insurance companies.

I reported the accident to the police and the other driver has reported it as well. I have also been signed off by my doctor with minor whiplash, backpain etc. I have legal cover with my insurance policy so they will try to claim back any cost's I have to fork out on.

Feeling abit more positive today and if the car is a write off then we will buy another S, or we may even put the car back on the road our selves. We are lucky we know some people who can help out with the bodyworks etc. Thanks again peeps........Maria xxx.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:52 AM

Good to see you are feeling a bit more + ve today
Old 10-06-2007, 04:59 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Roundabouts are a nightmare, mainly because the Highway code is only relevant to Roman Roads & with today's complex roundabouts if FoS.

Good luck with the claim (& dealing with the ambulance-chasing pimps & parasites). Legal protection? I'd rather use the Mafia.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:24 AM

Sorry to hear about this.

I hope everything goes as smoothly as it can insurance wise.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:50 AM

Damn sorry to hear about your accident Maria, just glad you weren't injured

(it's only a car after all, I had to keep telling myself that though after my last S aquaplaned!)

Hope it all works out ok

Si
Old 10-06-2007, 09:04 AM
J_D

Sorry to hear about that, at least your OK could of been alot worse. I had a similar incident with in another vehicle, and the insyrance couldn't decide who's fault it was so our own insurance paid for each others damage and we both lost our no claims, even though it was clear the other driver had clearley hit me.

Hope the claim goes OK, you may even end up with a better example If they write it off, so it can only end good really.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:06 AM

Glad you're feeling better Maria. It was good to meet you as I collected your spare exhaust system. As it was only minutes after the accident I felt guilty leaving you on your own. As others on here are saying, so long as you're OK, that's the most important thing. Cars, dare I say it, no matter how much we enjoy them, are only lumps of cleverly shaped metal!!

Quick Reply: My cars been hit.