UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

My cars been hit.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats terrible.Hopefully the driver who came to help you is standing as a witness to what this idiot did.Be ready for the possibility of a lot of hassle with your claim though.A woman drove into my yellow earlier in the year before i sold it,she ended up with an invisible witness who said I was to blame!There are some scummy people out there unfortunately.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:43 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Honda Honey,Oct 5 2007, 07:28 PM
Oh and dont forget we are the better drivers
I read a thread recently where someone was driving round a roundabout and a lady in a Clio drove into the side of the car

At least you are OK ........ the car can be fixed

Old 10-05-2007, 11:54 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I understand how you feel, someone went into the back of me last night except i had to chase them down to get them to stop

Luckily my damage is minor and cosmetic only.

Just remember to fight your corner with the insurance company and i'm sure everything will be fine.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:16 PM

Make sure you get the details of the witnesses to the Insurance company.
Roundabout incidents are always very dodgy
Old 10-05-2007, 01:28 PM

She hit you, end of. I sure hope the other driver who came to assist you will be a witness for you.

Good luck with the claim.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:48 PM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about this and I hope you get things sorted swiftly and smoothly.

I work in Swanwick so know Bursledon and Sedgensworth very well. I have to say that the M27 is one of the very worst roads I have ever seen for driving standards, populated by complete retards and Sunday drivers, nevermind the reps that drive like absolute cocks.

Good luck with your claim.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:56 PM

Agreed, witnesses are VERY important. Without one, it boils down to a your word vs hers, and there's nothing to stop her 'embelleshing' her tale to the insurance co's...

...I know, as it happened to me about 4 or 5 years ago...took just over 2 years to get to court and I'm sure I only won as the other guy tried TOO hard to make me look like the boy racer bad-guy, and ended up contradicting the laws of physics.

Plus roundabouts are notoriously difficult to get a 100% fault decision either way on...so please tell us you have a witness?!?

Anyway, that's for the future. Get your car checked out, and at least get that side of things sorted ASAP. If it's repairable, then a) go through your insurer; and b) make sure you're happy with who it's being repaired by...your choice, at the end of the day!
...and if it's not, get genuine market value for the car (i.e. what you'd pay to replace it), and then decide if you want another S or you fancy a change...

Very best of luck,

Martin.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:41 PM

Sorry to hear about this Maria

Glad to hear your okay, that's the main thing. By the sounds of it she was totally in the wrong, and if you were in the wrong lane or not, it doesn't mean you can just drive into someone to prove a point or hope they jump out of the way. Moron!!

It's not been a good few weeks for S2000 drivers. Bibbs and Graham have had their windows smashed by vandals/pikeys, Rich had a taxi rear end him who then tried to drive off, Jel parked his on it's roof, you've been taken out on a roundabout, jonners engine went pop and tomcheney had a spin in the wet and hit a post

Take care out there folks.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:06 PM

Sorry to hear about the car

From what you have said and from where she hit you it would be quite difficult for her to convince an insurance company that the collision is your fault.

FWIW part of my job is apportioning blame at accidents ..... and If you were on her nearside and she has managed to hit your rear 1/4 then it is most definitely looking like it will end up down to her.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by j8mie,Oct 5 2007, 11:41 PM
Sorry to hear about this Maria

Glad to hear your okay, that's the main thing. By the sounds of it she was totally in the wrong, and if you were in the wrong lane or not, it doesn't mean you can just drive into someone to prove a point or hope they jump out of the way. Moron!!
Bad luck Maria

Try not to take it to much to heart. ... It's just metal and rubber at the end of the day, and I'm sure the insurance will sort it.

Quick Reply: My cars been hit.