UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

My cars been hit.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My cars been hit.

I was on the way home from work on wednesday, my route takes me from Winnal down the M27 and then home at Burseldon in Southampton. Anyway made it all the way to the slip road (junction8) so not far from house about 3 miles. I pulled out onto the rounabout and was indicating right to show I was going around the roundabout, I have to almost go all the way round as I need the last exit.

I have positioned myself into the outer lane following the car in front who is doing exactlly the same as me. When all of a sudden a lady in a Clio is coming up fast on my right side, she then realises she needs the exit to the left of us both, that takes you back on to the motorway towards Gosport/Pompey areas. Without looking she then turns left, side swipeing my car on the drivers side rear quarter panel, the force is so hard the S spins almost a perfect 360 degrees the only thing that stopped this was the crash barrier. So yes you guessed it I now have damage too both sides of the car including my rear bumber and a cracked tail light.

Once I had got myself together with the help of another driver who stopped to give assistance. The lady then said it was my fault as I was in the WRONG lane. What I cant understand is if she has hit my car and she has taken no notice of me until she hit me. Why is this my fault?

Totally gutted by the whole experience, we saved long and hard to get enough money for my car. It has always been my dream car and we are far from wealthy people. We just love Jap performace cars, everything we buy for both cars needs to be earn't the hard way. So now what with the husbands RX7 off the road for the winter and my car undriveable, we are using the good old reliable if some what slow 1 litre Micra to get about in .

The insurance company is sending an assessor out this Monday to see the car but I am worried the car could be written off. The rear suspension has been bent inwards so the wheel is poking out at an angle. My husband is going to get under the car tomorrow with his mechanic mate to have a good look. We both hope the damage is just a bent wisbone that can eaisely fixed. I will keep you all posted to see what happens. I am still very upset by the whole experience and could almost cry. Thanks for reading my rant just needed to get it of my chest......cheers Maria xxx.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:14 AM

Sorry to hear this.

From what you say, it doesn't sound like you were in the wrong lane.

Even if you had been it doesn't give her the right to drive in to you.

She has obviously gone on the attack to try and get you to admit liability.

Did you get any witnesses?

You should be able to get a like for like hire car too, from her insurance company if it is deemed to be her fault.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:18 AM

Damn, and I though I had an issue. Hope it all gets sorted.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:20 AM

Regardless of whether or not you were in the wrong lane it doesn't give her the right to hit your car.

Hope you get it sorted quickly and are back on the road as soon as possible.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:22 AM

Have a good blub it will make you feel a bit better. So sorry to hear about the damage to your car and hope that it can soon be fixed.

Was on VBH's website earlier where she describes the S as a Yorkie bar, not for girls. She's wrong, I think we women love our Stookers more than the guys do.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:28 AM

She ran into the back of you - and hard enough to spin you around - it's her fault.

Bad luck - hope it gets fixed - and don't take any nonsense from your insurer.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:28 AM

Maria. Oh and dont forget we are the better drivers
Old 10-05-2007, 11:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it a 2000 year car if so might be witten off,the only problem is getting a good pay out from the insurers , be firm with them and stand your ground on price.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:33 AM

You need witnesses. Hopefully you have some, sorry to hear this .
Old 10-05-2007, 11:35 AM

even if you were in the wrong lane (which from your post your clearly werent), they cant just drive into you! her fault end of!

Quick Reply: My cars been hit.