UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

My 1st track day @ Bruntingthorpe

Old 08-05-2005, 08:08 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by lower,Aug 4 2005, 05:20 PM
>A few of us are attending the MAC track day at Bruntingthorpe on Sat. I've >just got a couple of questions:

>Do you need to wear any particular clothing?

confortable clothing and some flat, preferably thin soled trainer type shoes you can feel the pedals though. Makes learning to heel and toe easier. Some companies insist on covered arms and legs.

>What should the tyre pressures be?

2psi over standard or so but you may wish to play with tyres pressures as the day goes on.

>How much petrol should I get before the day?

a full tank. if its an open pit lane budget for 2 tanks and make sure you know in advance where the nearest petrol station is.

>Is there anything else I need to know/ check?

oil, oil, oil. Make sure you have plenty of meat on your brake pads. Empty all the crap out of the cockpit and boot. Fit your tow hooks front and rear before you go on the track. if you go off and have to be towed back onto the track you don't want to be messing about fitting them in a hurry and all the time you are off track no other cars will be allowed to run.

oh and don't check how hot your brakes have got by touching an alloy, particularly the fronts. they got hot enough to take the skin off your finger.

>I have already got my lid as I don't want to hire one (was a requirement of >the track) and am looking forward to the event.

>Thanks!

Have fun. I'll put money on you becoming addicted!

My wheels got so hot, the powder coat melted and they became loose!

Also, ensure there is nothing loose in the cockpit or the boot. Chuck out any crap.

Oh, and take a 2litre bottle of water. Dehydration is compulsory!

Build up pace gradually, until you spin off.

Have fun.